About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains. Our legacy Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility in Clayton, NC is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. At IFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals who are passionate about what they do.
What we offer you:
- Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
- All employees enjoy generous paid time off including 14 paid holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance – effective day one
- Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
- Family Focused Benefits including 12 weeks paid parental & 6 weeks paid family medical leave
- Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
- Tuition Assistance – reimbursement up to 10k annually
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Awards
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources, and mentorship to help grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential? Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Ownership of Site Clayton’s DFP business plan & strategy. Management & oversight of the accounting, procurement & controlling activities of Site Clayton DFP.
- Maintaining financial & procurement policies & procedures, financial reporting, budgeting, internal controls, audits, tax & cash management
- Leading & managing the contractor & vendor selection process & ensure best prices negotiated
- Long term financial planning & analysis of the organizational implications
- Support & leadership to the organization in all areas of accounting, procurement, finance & business strategy planning
- Building a best in class finance & procurement organization by striving to improve the purchase-to-pay & the controlling function, including project controlling & consolidating accounting
- Provide leadership & guidance to Finance & Procurement Organization & create a “winning” culture with high performing individuals
- Collaboration with DAPI-US
- Building & maintaining project controlling expertise within finance
- Ensuring compliance within finance & procurement including sufficient internal controls & adherence to Sarbanes- Oxley requirements
- Ensuring contract coverage for key services & goods & maintain list of qualified contractors
- Following up on project performance & financial KPIs
- Developing & continuously improving key internal guidelines, policies, procedures & controls within finance & procurement
- Managing financial analysis, budgets & forecast processes & driving financial target setting in Site Clayton & delivering internal & external financial results
- Managing the processes, policies & procedures within finance & procurement as well as preparing & delivering timely, well-organized & informative data for finance & procurement
- Continuous improvement of finance & procurement processes including the evaluation of expanding the collaboration with GSC Bangalore
- Responsible for Site Clayton’s
- Procure to pay process
- Financial systems
- Overall tax management
- Risk management
- Business strategy & business plan processes
- Site Balanced Scorecard updates
- Decision support to the Site Senior Leadership Team
- Managing, motivating & developing the finance & procurement team
- Ad hoc reporting: creating, developing, presenting & improving reports, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Knowledge of business processes in manufacturing & operations
- Able to plan, coordinate & prioritize activities in order to ensure optimal use of resources in the department
- Able to develop & manage action plans to achieve targets & handle multiple task simultaneously
- CPA Certification and/or MBA strongly preferred
- 7+ years of relevant financial experience
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge in Finance regulations (GAAP, IFRS, & IRS)
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies, processes & purchasing practices
- SAP experience
- Proficiency in preparing charts, graphs & presentations
- Strong process improvement, systematic troubleshooting & problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Physical & Other Requirements
- Able to travel domestically & internationally, up to 15% of the time
- Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
- Able to adjust schedule to work with colleagues in other international time zones
- Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions
- Constantly operates a computer & other office equipment using hands
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.