At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
Position Brand Description:
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and daily direction for IAPI operations work groups. The process operation is governed by Quality, Safety, and Environmental regulations. The ability to understand and follow GMP and Safety procedures is required. Understand manually operated and automated large-scale protein fermentation or purification and bulk operations equipment. The role requires the person to gain knowledge of manufactured raw materials, fermentation or tangential flow filtration systems, chromatography systems, process control systems, and bulk volume reactions. Requires good computer skills, the skills to learn and practice troubleshooting, and the use of statistical tools for data analysis and problem solving.
- Provide leadership for IAPI operations work groups.
- Assist in problem solving.
- Align Performance Management plans of direct reports with the goals and objectives of the department and corporate business priorities.
- Responsible for development objectives as well as career planning for all direct reports.
- Provide ongoing feedback, coaching, mentoring, and assessment of direct reports throughout the year.
- Coordinate activities with support staff.
- Ensure operations are conducted following all HSE requirements.
- Ensure the process is operated in a safe manner and appropriate documentation is utilized for spills and events (e.g., TrackWise, B-Safe).
- Ensure compliance to Quality, Safety, and Environmental regulations as well as compliance with operating procedures.
- Responsible to ensure all required documentation (batch production records, logbooks, etc.) are complete and accurate.
- Participates in batch production record/procedure audits, must demonstrate effective Root Cause Analysis skills and participate in investigations.
- Ensures individual/staff Learning Plan is maintained current.
- Participates in self-inspections.
- Demonstrate proficiency in processing and technical aptitude by conducting investigations during upsets.
- Manages area housekeeping and maintains an inspection ready state.
- Works with other respective Shift Supervisors and Shift Operators to assure all steps have adequate operator coverage due to vacations/illnesses in order to minimize disruptions.
- Follow and ensure adherence with vacation/absence/overtime policies.
- Conduct thorough shift changes and ensure the oncoming shift is aware of all issues.
- Lead teams as necessary to accomplish team goals.
- Participate in any shutdown activities, including IQ/OQ/PQ/PV/CV, procedure reviews, and training reviews.
- Four years bulk manufacturing experience required.
- High School Diploma
- Technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to enter and collect data from various computer systems.
- Good communications skills (both oral and written).
- Requires learning and understanding Good Manufacturing Practices and strict adherence to GMP regulations.
- Will be expected to adhere to all safety and environmental guidelines and to promote safety and environmental compliance in all areas.
- Good organization skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- This position works a 9/3 slide rotating shift.
- Some overtime will be required to provide Supervisor – Mfg. Ops coverage during vacations.
- Tasks require entering manufacturing and laboratory areas which require wearing appropriate PPE.
- Must provide cellphone coverage.
- Must complete Learning Plan for a Supervisor – Mfg. Ops.
The job specification is intended to provide a general overview of the job requirements at the time it was prepared. The job requirements of any position may change over time and may include additional responsibilities not specifically described in the job specification. As always, you should consult with your supervision regarding your actual job responsibilities and any related duties that may be required for the position.
Supervisor: Associate Director – Mfg Ops – IAPI
Position Title: Supervisor and Sr. Supervisor – Mfg Ops – IAPI
Position Type: Full Time
Job Level: B5 and B5-2
Location: LTC Indianapolis
Job Function: Manufacturing
Tech Ladder Approved: No
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.