About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Global Scientific Training Manager where you will collaborate with Medical Excellence & Scientific Training (MEST) colleagues and cross-functional Medical Affairs partners (including Global Medical Leads, Publications, Medical Communications, and Regional Medical Affairs), in the development of scientific training plans. Support the execution and delivery of MEST Therapeutic Area Training plans. Develop partnerships with Global Medical Excellence & Scientific Training peers as well as cross-functional partners to support the design of cutting-edge training programs in a way that promote and deliver effective adult learning and enhances MEST as learning center of excellence (COE).
You will also Provide support and representation for training projects on cross-functional therapeutic area/product teams, and serve as a resource on training excellence throughout Medical Affairs. As part of the Global Scientific Training, you will report to the Group Lead, Global Scientific Training.
How you will contribute:
- Support the development, delivery, and execution of global medical training plans across identified Therapeutic Areas
- Identify and partner with internal resources (Global Medical Leads, Publications, Medical Communications, Medical Excellence & Scientific Training, and regional medical affairs representatives) for input into the medical training plan to ensure a well-informed and robust TA Training Plan
- Engage and partner with Global Medical Communications (GMC) to identify required medical and scientific training resources and where necessary, convert content/oversee the conversion of GMC content to material effective for training and learning purposes.
- Ensure all medical training materials are up-to-date and compliant with all internal policy and external regulations that guide the development of medical training content
- Partner with Digital, Data & Technology to ensure medical training content and curriculum are maintained on relevant platforms and learning management systems (LMS)
- Generate collaboration, cooperation, and communication where necessary across other GMA functions and between regional MA representatives in the extended team ensuring that team goals are achieved.
- Track metrics for TA/product training to benchmark effectiveness of training and the impact on learning.
- Builds product and disease-state training materials for assigned products and therapeutic areas.
- Develop proficiency in adult learning theory and instructional design
- Build knowledge of learning software platforms
- Manage resources against plan
- Advanced scientific degree (e.g. MD, MSc, PhD or PharmD) and a specialization or concentration in learning or facilitating training is preferred
- 2 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, preferably within a matrix structure
- Experience of customer-facing roles (e.g. Medical Science Liaison, Product Specialist) is preferred
- Experience within medical or biopharmaceutical training (a training function is preferred)
- Knowledge of curriculum design, competency-based training and adult learning best practices, legal and regulatory requirements, Codes of Practice, Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines
- Experience with learning management systems, plus hybrid and virtual learning platforms
- Experience working with vendors and complex projects
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and Medical Affairs
- Global expertise with demonstrated ability for collaboration and experience supporting and collaborating with cross-cultural teams.
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders across the Medical Affairs organization and cross-functionally as appropriate (i.e. Commercial L&D partners, clinical development, etc.)
- Clear vision as to the elements of an effective, cutting-edge medical training organization as well as the ability to communicate that value proposition internally and across multiple stakeholder groups
- May travel within the US and internationally to the EU and Japan offices and other meeting locations
- Approximately 10% travel is required
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $ 102,200 - $146,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - MA - Cambridge - Kendall Square - 500Worker Type