Junior Facilities Engineering Calibration Technician– J.POD | Just-Evotec Biologics – Redmond, WA
Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking a highly motivated Facilities Engineering Instrumentation/Calibration Technician that desires a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics.
This F&E team member will be responsible for provides operational, maintaining and troubleshooting of process, utilities and electrical equipment that support the manufacturing process areas. You will adhere to strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), cGMP's, Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Standards in a commercial manufacturing of mammalian cell-based biotherapeutics. You will ensure safe and efficient hands-on maintenance of all manufacturing and utilities systems/equipment including Tanks, Mixers, Agitators, Instrumentation, Filtration Skids, Chilled Water, Industrial Water, WFI, and components such as pumps, fans, valves. You will report to the GMP Facilities Manager.
- Perform daily work order activities per Planning/Scheduling.
- Ensure accurate documentation of Preventive Maintenance/Preventive Calibrations, Corrective Maintenance work order activities through adherence to GDPs.
- Help troubleshoot equipment issues including mechanical, electrical, metrology, or automation.
- Support equipment IQ/OQ/PQ/Validation startup activities.
- Support activities to include Condition Monitoring and Infrared Technologies.
- Perform assigned Metrology activities as assigned.
- Assist and direct contractor/vendor activities as assigned.
- Provide updates on work/projects to related teams’ maintenance, manufacturing, and other areas.
- Familiarity with Change Control, Site, and SOPs related to position and department.
- Procedural (JP's, Hazardous Energy Control Procedures/HECP's, Job Hazard Assessments/ JHA's) revisions.
- Strict adherence to EH&S guidelines and policies required to ensure compliance to Washington state, federal EPA, and OSHA regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrate personal pursuit to increasing job knowledge, proficiency in technical understanding, and problem-solving abilities.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain facility structures and equipment as directed by immediate supervisor or as assigned through work orders.
- Support the manufacturing floor by helping set up equipment Lock Out Tag out.
- Perform preventive, corrective, and predictive maintenance through CMMS system.
- Provide a moderate level of troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair of process systems, equipment and equipment components which include valves, pumps, gearboxes, variable frequency drives, utility skids, cleaning equipment (Autoclaves and Glass Washers), support equipment (lifts, hoists, doors, carts)
- All work must be completed following cGMPs, SOPs, job plans, and company policies.
- Develop, revise, and review related SOPs or job plans/work plans for work related areas.
- Provide input in the development and continuous improvement of the maintenance procedures.
- Assist the maintenance supply team with maintaining an up-to-date working spare parts inventory system for the equipment/systems the team is responsible for.
- Ensure that operational log and work order documentation is completed with accurate information.
- Provide support of startup of new equipment to ensure it meets all mechanical and electrical design specification and after completion of maintenance activities.
- Develop a basic proficiency in one or more advanced maintenance technology and understand how to apply technology to improve equipment reliability.
- Provide support during calibrations with LOTO or setting up flow path on manufacturing equipment.
- Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with state and federal EPA regulation and laws.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 0-2 years’ experience or Associate Degree and 2-3 years’ experience in engineering or engineering technology
- Metrology/Calibrations program ability/expertise
- Mechanical ability/expertise
- Operation and troubleshooting skills on Water for Injection Systems (WFI) and plant utilities.
- Troubleshooting skills on Washers and Autoclaves.
- Prefer experience with Predictive maintenance technologies PdM.
- May work in cold, wet environment, may be exposed to sunlight and heat, may be exposed to dust, gases, and fumes; may be around moving equipment and machinery; may climb up to and /or not large processing and utilities equipment for inspections and cleaning; may be working in areas requiring hearing protection.
- This position requires weekend and holiday work. Overtime may be required.
- May be required to frequently kneel, stand, and walk to inspect, evaluate and /or perform described operational and maintenance activities.
The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be $50-70k Base salary offered may vary depending on individual’s skills, experience and competitive market value. Additional total rewards include discretionary annual bonus, comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k company match, flexible paid time off and paid holiday, wellness and transportation benefits.
Evotec (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.