Who We Are
Our Commercial organization leads our global sales and marketing strategies around the world. Our integrated team continues to solidify BioMarin’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
Fostering a culture of operational excellence, the Senior Associate, Cross-Portfolio Strategy and Commercial Capabilities will be responsible for liaising with key cross functional partners to enable effective information sharing via the Commercial ‘Hub’. Key accountabilities include: managing purchase orders, submitting and tracking contracts for the Global Product Strategy and Global Commercial Operations teams, supporting financial tracking and monthly budget reconciliation for all Global Product Strategy cost centers, creating, maintaining and optimizing Commercial processes for standard operating procedures and workforce training in areas related to Patient Support Systems and Market Research. This includes partnership with Compliance and Pharmacovigilance on SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) document creation and management. Additionally, this individual will support various business management processes and lead special projects as needed.
This role will report to the Senior Director, Global Product Strategy - Portfolio Strategy, and be responsible for building relationships across commercial cost center managers, Finance, Legal, PV and GXP Compliance. The individual(s) will be self-motivated, proactive, and tenacious, used to a working in a collaborative, fast paced environment, with a willingness to pivot when necessary to meet the changing needs of the Business. The individual should have excellent communication, planning, prioritizing and organizational skills. The ideal applicant will have a strong acumen in budgeting management with ability to easily navigate business information systems and applications and be comfortable in creation and roll-out of processes and trainings for the commercial organization.
- Contract Administration
- Create and submit Purchase Order requisition requests in BioMarin’s spend management tools (COUPA / Spend Source / SAP)
- Draft multiple contract types: Non-Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Amendments, Scopes of Work, and Change Orders, using SpringCM, BioMarin's contract lifecycle management system
- Monitor and track a large volume of contracts from draft to final signatures using SpringCM
- Monitor and track a large volume of requisition requests from submission to financial approval and PO creation
- Act as a liaison between BioMarin, internal business partners, and outside vendors to facilitate contract execution
- Engage with other functional areas within BioMarin to assess and respond to contracting and requisition needs, obligations, and revisions
- Ability to research vendors within SpringCM, COUPA / Spend Source to determine if vendors are active in our system, prior to contracting new relationships
- Budget Management
- Working with cost center owners and Finance to manage, track and reconcile spend on a monthly basis
- Manage accruals, actuals and attestation reports for cost center managers
- Track and assist with invoice processing
- Assist with forecasting processes in collaborating with cost center managers, Finance and Accounts Payable
- Collaborate with Finance business partner and brand management teams to align financial goals with brand objectives and initiatives
Commercial Process and Document Management
- Maintain paper and online records and follow procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal
- Organize and maintain the Commercial ‘Hub’ including archiving of final brand and other related documents and managing permissions
- Commercial Business Management calendar management including ownership of Brand Performance, Business Review and Business Planning invitations
- Coordinating workflow between the business, Procurement, Finance and Legal Departments
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Budget and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, SharePoint, COUPA, Veeva, SpringCM, and TEAMS to ensure database management and document preparation
- Ability to manage demanding workload and aggressive timelines in a timely manner, prioritize, and work under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across internal stakeholder groups and with outside vendors/partners
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.