Senior Analyst, Commercial
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionSenior Analyst, Strategy and Operations, Commercial Procurement
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting Commercial Procurement as the Strategy and Operations Analyst. You will develop and execute Procurement category strategies across our portfolio of spend that result in value beyond savings across a broad group of global stakeholders.
This position is based in our Foster City, CA officeResponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compile and analyze qualitative and quantitative data, including category market intelligence information, to support the development of category strategies that deliver value by achieving cost savings and improving quality and delivery.
- Support oversight of all spend activity for assigned category areas. Provide recommendations for action plans for all purchases in alignment with category strategy to Category Manager.
- Provide category subject matter expertise to business stakeholders and Procurement functions.
- Consult with cross-functional teams to ensure strategic sourcing projects for assigned categories are executed.
- Collaborate with Procurement Business Partners, Supplier Inclusion, and Sourcing Operations to leverage standard and repeatable processes, integrating business diversity and responsible procurement into the overall value proposition of each category strategy.
- Support the application of procurement best practices and standardization of processes while minimizing supply risk.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities for assigned category and recommend key actions to the appropriate stakeholders. Partner with Category Managers and Procurement Program Managers to operationalize enterprise Procurement programs.
- Combine all spend information into yearly plans and generate long-term forecasts for costs, savings targets, value beyond savings, and planned projects.
- Support the execution of initiatives to classify suppliers and manage supplier relationships according to defined supplier relationship management standards.
- Support regular engagement with key suppliers. Meet regularly with stakeholders to ensure outstanding customer satisfaction and continuous improvement against category targets are met.
- Support commercial team planning and forecasting, organize operations and execution of strategies with key suppliers, and organize staff meetings and upcoming deliverables.
- 5+ years professional work experience plus a BS/BA or 3+ years professional work experience plus a MA/MS or MBA in a corporate environment, preferably in the areas of Finance, Operations, procurement and supplier management, or corporate strategy.
- Proven track record of applying procurement principles, concepts, best practices, and standards.
- Ability to develop category and sourcing strategies by identifying opportunity areas with a proven record of effectively directing and leveraging procurement spend in the facilities and construction category
- Experience managing and maintaining strong supplier relationships
- Knowledge and experience with procurement/spend systems data and analysis
- Experience working with and supporting multiple projects and teams simultaneously across a matrixed organization.
- Meets Gilead's leadership commitments with demonstrated experience in applying these principles
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right),
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity),
- Teamwork (Working Together),
- Excellence (Being Your Best),
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility).
Gilead Leadership Commitments
- I AM BOLD in aspiration and AGILE in execution
- I CARE and make time for people
- I LISTEN, speak openly and explain the “why”
- I TRUST others and myself to make sound decisions
- I OWN the impact of my words and actions
The salary range for this position is: $129,540.00 - $167,640.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ApplicantAccommodations@gilead.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.