Director, Quality Systems Performance Monitoring and Data Management
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - New Jersey - Parsippany
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionJob Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Provides thought leadership and collaboration opportunities in the space of quality metrics/analytics throughout PDM, Research, and Kite
- Establishes effective QMS Data Governance processes and leads strategies for its effective use across Gilead.
- Analyzes industry quality metrics, benchmarking, and trends to understand changes in the competitive or regulatory landscape to adjust plans as appropriate.
- Maintains Quality Management Review programs, policies, processes, procedures, and controls ensuring adherence to established standards and agency guidelines.
- Drives and continuously improves PDM's Quality Management Review Programs across the various levels of the organization (EMQR, Site QMRs, Quality Core Metrics, etc.)
- Advances the technology strategies in support of Data analytics and the effective implementation of predictive data science solutions to drive risk mitigation.
- Recruits and leads the Quality Management Review and QA Data Science teams to leverage data for actionable insights.
- Provides direction on QA Data Science strategy and communicates program outcomes.
- Conducts data analysis for key insights on decision making and provides consultation on leading indicators.
- Manages and provides guidance to team members, including organizing and prioritizing group tasks, performing training, and managing performance.
Typical Education and Experience:
- Demonstrates expertise in Quality System processes, statistics, data analytics, industry practices, and standards.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to foster a strong rapport with leaders and effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Understands and can apply Data Science/Advanced Analytics in solving problems.
- 12+ years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry and a BS or BA in engineering or science related degree.
- 10+ years of relevant experience and a MS.
- Prior people management experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Quality Systems, metrics/analytics, and data science in a highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of modern technology frameworks supporting quality systems
The salary range for this position is: $199,835.00 - $258,610.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ApplicantAccommodations@gilead.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.