Senior Engineer II, Device Development
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.Qualified candidates will focus on the development of devices and drug-device combination products such as pre-filled syringes and auto-injectors. We are seeking a motivated, detail-oriented individual with cross-functional leadership experience.Location:
Foster City, CASpecific Job Responsibilities
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Lead device development teams in device evaluation, design, and optimization as related to combination drug products.
- Conduct compatibility studies with drug-delivery devices (pre-filled syringes, auto-injecting systems, etc.) and other container closure systems.
- Lead the technology transfer of combination product manufacturing processes to clinical and commercial manufacturing sites and assist in quality investigations.
- Position may include managing one or more device engineers.
- Effectively communicate ideas, project goals, and results to team members across cross- functional roles/departments.
- Qualified candidates should be self-motivated and organized, familiar with the relevant literature, enjoy scientific investigation and thinking, proactively identify issues, and develop solutions in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
- Participate in new formulation evaluation and optimization as related to combination drug-device products (pre-filled syringes, auto-injecting systems, etc.). Oversee experimentation conducted at contract sites as well as procure in-house equipment as needed to manage project-related development activities.
- Experience with device design control, combination product design verification and validation, creation and maintenance of design history files, and quality system regulations (QSRs).
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Experience in cross-functional team leadership is preferred.
- Must be able to write clear, concise, and error-free documents.
- Must be able to exercise judgment within well-defined and established procedures and policies in order to determine and take appropriate action.
- Experience working with Drug Product/Device CMOs is desired.
- Working knowledge of the FDA, cGMP, and GCP standards, as well as regulatory guidance.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience and a BS degree in a scientific field. Field of study preferred: Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, or related.
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience and a MS degree scientific field. Field of study preferred: Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, or related.
The salary range for this position is: $149,600.00 - $193,600.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ApplicantAccommodations@gilead.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.