Senior Manager, Customer Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address tomorrow's medical challenges. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
The Marketing Analytics and Business Insights (MABI) function supports AbbVie’s US organization. It comprises highly respected researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists committed to being best-in-class within the biopharmaceutical industry. We serve as strategic in-house counsel, ensuring that all decisions leverage the key insights that we develop. We continue to build new capabilities and skill sets, encouraging our team members to pull up a chair, be themselves, be creative, speak their minds, and do good work. We are a passionate, diverse, flexible, and inclusive organization with a culture that supports the best ideas wherever they originate. We are intelligent, fun, quirky, and innovative – and we’d love for you to join us.
This role is part of an Analytics Center of Excellence (COE) housed within the MABI function that aims to differentiate AbbVie as a leader in omnichannel customer experiences and to build lasting relationships with Health Care Professionals (HCP) through omnichannel experiences powered by data and analytics. In this role, you’ll deliver analysis, insights, and recommendations to leaders to drive increased performance across the HCP promotional and educational areas. This individual is a crucial contributor to the team responsible for omnichannel analytics in support of the growing roadmap of capabilities across commercial and medical education for HCPs.
- Consults and develops analytics strategy and conducts measurement planning for new HCP capabilities, including data requirements, defining reporting, and advanced analytics solutions as required.
- Design test-and-learn strategies for A/B and multivariate/statistical tests across all channels to identify causal impact and iteratively improve performance through critical learning
- Design and build a measurement plan to demonstrate the impact of CRM/digital experiences
- Influence Brand Leaders and gain buy-in on analytically sound approaches to performance evaluation and prioritization of high-impact analytical efforts.
- Build analytic plans that heighten the visibility of omnichannel opportunities that will increase the effectiveness and/or efficiency of the Omnichannel experience across commercial and medical education.
- Consult on the appropriate methodologies to test and measure the effectiveness of marketing tactics and ensure standardization and alignment where possible.
- Delivers Omnichannel optimization recommendations using insights and analytics in partnership with Research, Digital Strategy, and/or Brand Analytics.
- Build and enhance measurement strategy aligned with Medical Education Gaps and objectives across all therapeutic areas.
- Partners with Business Technology Solutions, the Data Science team, Customer Experience, Media, and Franchise Insights/Analytics teams to enable Omnichannel analytics and activation opportunities.
- Participate actively in establishing best practices for Omni Channel analytics initiatives spearheaded by the Center of Excellence (COE)
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in engineering, sales, marketing, or quantitative analysis.
- Extensive hands-on experience and fluency in coding SQL, Python/R, Spark, Dataiku etc.
- Strong analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem-solving. Experience with current methods of Analytics/Machine Learning.
- High adaptability, perseverance, creativity, and insight to flourish in a dynamic environment.
- 7+ years of experience identifying and outlining key metrics and building campaign performance/measurement plans.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with designing and executing randomized controlled tests to measure the impact of marketing stimuli (i.e., A/B testing, Test/Control)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with using statistical tools for marketing/media performance modeling, measurement, and optimization (e.g., marketing-mix modeling, multi-touch attribution)
- 5+ years of delivering insights through data visualization and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to think tactically and strategically depending on analytical needs.
- Advanced understanding of navigating a matrix environment in a large company, including effective communication and influence skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage various analytic projects and portfolios with multiple priorities independently.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and senior management.
- Master's degree in engineering, sales, marketing, or quantitative analysis preferred.
- Strong analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem-solving.
- Experience with most recent Analytics, Data Science, and Machine Learning methods
- Substantial understanding of the HCP promotional landscape and medical educational landscape
- Experience with 3rd party pharmaceutical data sources like IQVIA/SHS Sales Data (APLD, DDD, Xponent, NSP, NPA)
- Strong collaboration, communication, project management, and vendor management skills
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.