HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) Senior Manager - Direct
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will work across the Global Strategic Sourcing team driving strategic sourcing and category strategy work. This role requires an experienced sourcing professional able to work across categories to deliver critical opportunities in support of integrations/strategy refreshes and annual efficiency.
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Able to develop multi-year category sourcing strategy across direct material categories which will contribute to our multiyear productivity outlook.
- Contributes to a pipeline of category projects/transformational ideas in collaboration with relevant GSS regional / category peers and key customers.
- Build and manage sophisticated contracts for services and goods.
- Participate and lead management of supplier KPIs
- Demonstrates connected thinking and strategy beyond the traditional procurement approach.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Sourcing professional we seek is a strategic problem solver with these qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Category Management experience
Masters degree and 4 years of Category Management experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Category Management experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Category Management experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Category Management experience
- Ability to navigate in an evolving procurement environment.
- Operates with confidence in ambiguous situations and is able to apply expertise to various opportunities.
- Proven understanding of procurement/sourcing/category management methodology and able to drive value for customers using the right sourcing levers
- Fact based mind set.
- Broad knowledge of the market forces shaping a customers business context (e.g. supplier base, legal & regulatory environment, sources of competitive advantage)
- Ability to conduct benchmarking to address cost, quality, risk and innovation considerations.
- Ability to provide thought leadership, ability to influence and actively shape strategy
- A sourcing expert with strong financial savvy and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of identifying root causes to issues and problem-solving organizational needs.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.