HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Intern - Computational BiologyLive
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Computational Biology group in the Clinical Biomarkers & Diagnostics (CBD) department at Amgen is seeking for a highly motivated Computational Biologist with expertise in biomarker analysis, data science, interactive web application development and a background in computational sciences and Dx/Rx development. The successful candidate will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, gaining valuable experience in the healthcare and diagnostics domain.
Biomarker data integration and biomarker prevalence analysis:
- Harmonize and integrate biomarker data from both internal and external datasets, focusing on gene expression, genome alteration and protein expression data
- Formalize the assessment of biomarker prevalence, considering individual and combined biomarkers within specified populations.
- Establish an analysis workstream to evaluate whether certain variables might influence biomarker prevalence.
Sample Size Estimation for Prevalence Studies:
- Assist in estimating appropriate sample sizes to support well-designed prevalence studies, ensuring statistically significant results.
User interacting platform development:
- Collaborate with the team to identify and integrate diverse biomarkers and targets of interest into the platform.
- Contribute to the design and development of an interactive platform focusing on biomarker prevalence analysis.
- Enable functionalities for sample size inquiries, population selection, and biomarker prevalence analysis within the platform.
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The intellectually curious individual we seek is a budding computational biologist with these qualifications:
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship OR a Masters program for a Masters internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR Ph.D. for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR Masters OR Pharm D OR Ph.D. program before the internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship OR co-op
- Degree concentration(s) in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, or a similarly quantitative discipline.
- Working knowledge of gene expression, genome alteration and protein expression via various platforms.
- Demonstrable programming experience in modern data science languages (R/Python/Julia/similar).
- Experience with version control software (git)
- Excellent communication skills with a strong collaborative spirit
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $30 - $40.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.
careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword R-174142
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.