HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Associate Tech EngineeringLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this role you will provide technical engineering support on all system/equipment optimization strategies, upgrades, replacements, repairs, and modifications. You will evaluate and determine if process equipment maintenance, and technical cleaning systems are maintained in compliance with all applicable industry standards, regulatory standards and FDA standards in the Inspection and Packaging area.
- Take part in the coordination of tech support on engineering, regulatory, compliance, quality, microbial/environmental, technical cleaning, validation, and mechanical, electrical and process automation issues.
- Assist during regulatory agency inspections. Provide technical support in response to the FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Complete maintenance activities or operate and monitor plant support equipment in accordance with CFRs, cGMPs, SOPs, job plans and Amgen policies.
- Investigate issues or problems through the mentorship of experienced staff.
- Assist with maintaining an up-to-date working spare parts inventory system for the equipment/systems.
- Evaluate the current maintenance procedures and assist in the changes to optimize the maintenance program, trouble shoot and repair equipment/system failures.
- Interpret and review utility, process system/equipment, plumbing, ductwork plans, architectural, and P&IDs.
- Support Operations in non-standard shifts that includes weekends and/or holidays as determined by business.
- Ability to work night shift
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek will possess these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Associates degree and 4 years of Technical Engineering experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 Technical Engineering experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Educational background in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or related technical degree
- Experience repairing mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment (experience with packaging equipment preferred)
- Strong mechanical proficiency and trouble shooting skills
- Understanding in PLC, Computer Serialization, Packaging Equipment, Vision Inspection System (Cognex Vision System and Systech Serialization)
- Excellent organizational, project management, problem solving and technical writing capability
- Strong communication: verbal / written, collaboration, influencing and facilitation
- MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.