HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
CDnA - Data Platform Operations ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for oversight, governance, and administration of Amgens US commercial data & analytics warehouse, lead cross-functional data & analytics enablement efforts and work on patient data models. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Data Management and will be part of a cross functional data governance team to ensure timely, accurate, and compliant patient data for business analyses and decision making.
- Lead the US commercial Data Lake at Amgen as an owner for Patient 360 analytics ready datasets
- Lead and support Patient Data linkage across Amgen brands for Patient Support Programs (PSP) such as Hub Services, Nurse Educator, Copay, and Specialty Pharmacy while adhering to compliance regulations.
- Enable and participate in product launches by onboarding and setting up new sources and data sets for Analytics, Reporting, Data Sciences etc.
- Lead new capabilities of the Data Platforms, including but not limited to, requests that have an impact on multiple domains in pharma (e.g., Patient Data, Medical, Commercial, Compliance, etc.)
- Identify data issues across data sources and ensure data quality checks are implemented.
- Ensure compliant operations and processing of patient level assets, ensuring adherence to all Amgen Privacy and Compliance SOPs
- Product Owner for Connected Patient Data Requests from multiple collaborators- including Secondary Analytics teams, Data Sciences and Forecasting, etc.
- Responsible for the management of both identified as well as de-identified patient datasets.
- Business Owner and SME for the Assigned Therapeutic Areas
- Lead POCs and Tech evaluations in partnership with our IS team
- Lead efforts to optimize our Patient Data ecosystem and better support our customers.
- Lead implementation of patient data solutions in support of all partners
- Lead and support cross-functional prioritization of data platform requests in co-ordination with leads from Patient Support, Commercial Sales, Marketing, and Web
- Crafting prototypes and demos to better access and use patient data assets.
- Be an integral part on projects and/or programs with strive to systematically derive insights that drive substantial business value for Amgen and our patients.
- Identifying business needs and proposing potential data science solutions in patient data space
- Communicating analysis ideas, progress, and results to leadership and business partners
- Ensuring systems and data models meet business requirements and industry standards
- Assuring compliance with regulatory, security, and privacy requirements as it relates to data assets
- Ad hoc projects and analysis would be a standing 10-20% of the role
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The data management professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 2years of data management, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or commercial operations experience
Bachelors degree and 4years of data management, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or commercial operations experience
Associates degree and 10 years of data management, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or commercial operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of data management, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or commercial operations experience
- Biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Direct experience with Patient Support Programs and their respective data sets
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in commercial operations
- Motivated teammate with demonstrated in problem-solving, data, analytics, and operations
- Experience with pharmaceutical data sets such as patient data sets, sales datasets(XPO, DDD, chargebacks, vendor data), and claims datasets (SHS, IQVIA), publications, KOLs, and Medical activity data, etc.
- Ability to direct and lead work through others (e.g., cross-functional partnership and/or vendor)
- Technical proficiency with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience with Agile Methodology of implementation of projects
- Experience with working with cross-functional teams in prioritizing tasks
- Cross-functional and leadership negotiating and influencing skills
- Training and presentations skills from prior experience
- Excellent organization/planning skills and talent for managing many large and complex datasets
- Ability to collaborate, partner and influence leadership/business partners and other IS resources to drive analytic projects end-to-end
- Ability to communicate analysis in a clear, detailed, and impactful manner
- Passion for learning and staying on top of current developments in advanced analytics
- Hands-on data engineering, AI/ML modeling experience, prototyping and reporting (BI tools)
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.