HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Undergrad Intern - Operations Transformation & Digital StrategyLive
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this role, you will contribute at the interface of cutting-edge digital technologies and Amgens Operations organization as part of the Operations Transformation & Digital Strategy (OT&DS) function. OT&DS is an innovation engine accountable for enabling Operations to accomplish its business priorities through application of novel digital solutions. The teams responsibilities encompass Amgens end-to-end operations across our global manufacturing network, with direct connections into each of the other Operations functions. Because of its position in the organization, OT&DS provides its team members with a unique breadth of exposure, with opportunities to shape Amgens digital strategy and to engage with peers and leaders through the normal day-to-day execution of your work.
The summer internship experience is built around OT&DSs digital team framework. You will be part of a product team that addresses meaningful and relevant business questions through development and application of a digital product. You will have opportunities to learn from subject matter experts in data science, product management, digital tools, and multiple areas of Amgens Operations organization. You will be invited to various summer experiences including but not limited to executive speaker events, deep dives on Operations functions and networking with other Internship Programs in Amgen.
The role will include, at a minimum, the following:
- Translating business needs into digital product planning and design
- Collecting feedback from internal customers and iterating on the product design
- Presenting work to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Building end-to-end digital solutions (e.g., user interface, data pipelines, analytics, back-end architecture, etc.)
- Preparing a final presentation to the OT&DS organization and other relevant stakeholders
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The motivated individual we seek is a collaborative team player with these qualifications:Basic Qualifications
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for an undergrad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelors Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full-time Bachelors degree program following the potential internship assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship
- Degree concentration(s) in Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused on priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with the ability to collaborate with colleagues on complex assignments
- Curiosity, a willingness to learn from the experts on the team, and the desire to teach us from your own unique knowledge.
- Deep interest in digital technologies and their application to solving Operations challenges
- Understanding of system architecture, data science, data engineering and machine learning
- Coding experience (e.g., Python, Java, C++)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $24.70 - $28.30 per hour.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Please search for Keyword R-176294
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.