We are looking for a researcher with a strong background in protein science to support our therapeutic programs and to improve our technology discovery platform. We are seeking curious, enthusiastic, competent, and self-motivated individuals to work in our company.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Execute protein production and purification procedures of RNA guided nucleases
- Troubleshoot and improve protein production and purification procedures of new fusion proteins based on RNA guided nucleases
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to identify and optimize new genome editing systems
- Analyze experimental results and communicate data at team research meetings
- Contribute to publications and patent applications
- Follow advancements in the field of gene editing and gene therapy published in the literature and presented at conferences
- BA/BS – PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, or a related field with 7+ years of experience
- Experience with protein expression and purification, including experience developing or troubleshooting purification procedures and protein solubility
- Experience with molecular biology, such as Gibson assembly and golden gate cloning
- Hands-on experience using AKTA FPLC systems and Unicorn software (or similar systems and software) is highly preferred
- Experience enzymatic/kinetic assay and protein-protein/protein-substrate interaction is preferred
- Experience with analytical techniques for proteins and nucleic acids such as UV-Vis, SDS-PAGE, and HPLC
- Relevant technical skills for data analysis, DNA and protein sequence analysis, ELN documentation, and presenting results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Why join Life Edit Therapeutics?
Life Edit Therapeutics, an ElevateBio portfolio company, is a gene editing company on a mission to rewrite the future by curing disease, making any edit, anywhere. Life Edit has built a world-class genome editing platform with one of the world’s largest and most diverse collections of novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) and base editors. The company’s next-generation editing systems will propel the development of novel human therapeutics by enabling ex vivo engineering for cell therapies and regenerative medicines and in vivo delivery of gene therapies
Why join Life Edit and the ElevateBio ecosystem?
Life Edit Therapeutics is an integrated subsidiary of ElevateBio, a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company that is accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise that can change the future of medicine. Our integrated model combines multiple R&D technology platforms – including Life Edit gene editing – and cGMP manufacturing to power the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics.Our ecosystem is designed to enhance speed, delivery, and probability of success to change patient lives.
Life Edit is an integral part of ElevateBio’s ecosystem of platform technologies and is pioneering focused next-generation gene editing technologies and therapeutics. Located in Durham, NC, members of Life Edit work closely with the ElevateBio Research and Development and BaseCamp manufacturing teams in Waltham, MA. Life Edit is advancing therapeutic programs in collaboration with industry partners while building its own internal pipeline of gene editing therapies. We are looking for a unique individual who can continue to lead the cultural development of Life Edit and build on its momentum as an integral part of the ElevateBio ecosystem.
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves.
We seek to be the world’s most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.