Who is USP?
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP's fundamental belief that Equity =Excellence manifests in our core value of Passion for Quality through our more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver the mission to strengthen the supply of safe, quality medicines and supplements worldwide.
Brief Job Overview
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides HR support to assigned client groups, ensuring effective and impactful implementation of human resources practices, processes and programs that support organizational effectiveness and development. The incumbent will perform a wide range of HR activities closely engaging as a collaborator providing advice/coaching to staff and leadership. They will support USPs workforce and talent programs, strategic planning, and cross-functional initiatives within the organization. This role is expected to play a key role in benchmarking best practices and leveraging relationships.
How will YOU create impact here at USP?
Under the direction of the Director, Human Resources & Employee Relations, the Human Resource Business Partner provides day-to-day support to assigned client groups, ensuring effective and impactful implementation of human resources practices, processes, policies, and programs in all areas of HR.
The incumbent is responsible for providing the full range of assistance, guidance, and advisory services to all levels of People Managers and individual contributors for a wide range of human resource programs and processes, to include the responsibilities aligned below:
- Acts as a trusted advisor of talent, building business partner relationships with management and staff to effectively counsel and guide them through complex HR matters. Understands the business, goals, and challenges and identifies and/or helps to address systemic issues.
- Provides coaching and guidance to client group regarding organizational issues that are impacting its overall effectiveness. Conduct appropriate diagnosis and potential interventions.
- Partners with client group people managers to impact the engagement, development, and retention of talent.
- In partnership with the Equity Office, serves as an advocate for building diverse and inclusive teams across the organization.
- Supports complex and multi-year projects and initiatives that enable USPs global HR strategy to fully support the current and future strategic plans of the organization.
- In partnership with the Employee Relations Manager, manages and advises on challenging and complex employee relations matters. Recognizes issues and problems that are interfering with the effectiveness of the individuals or the organizations performance. Develops recommendations and provides guidance to clients for resolutions.
- In conjunction with managers, analyzes trends and root causes and looks for opportunities to improve work environment and client group satisfaction when appropriate.
- Assists managers with all aspects of the annual performance management and development process including coaching client groups on effective documentation practices for good and poor performance. Ensures legal compliance and provides constructive feedback to evaluator to improve quality of evaluation where necessary.
- Plays a role in implementing succession planning, career management, performance management and recruiting strategies.
- Evaluates employee survey data and other employee feedback to assess issues with employee engagement and team culture. Partner with leaders in developing action plans to address areas of concern and assists in determining progress for successful outcomes.
- Partners with HR Centers of Excellence (e.g., Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards and Learning Strategy & Organizational -Effectiveness) to address related issues and problems and to ensure client groups receive the necessary services, support and communications from these centralized HR functions.
- Analyzes employee exit interview feedback, consults with supervisors for areas of continuous improvement where needed.
- any additional assigned HR related duties.
Who USP is Looking For?
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of our mission, commitment to excellence through inclusive and equitable behaviors and practices, ability to quickly build credibility with stakeholders, along with the following competencies and experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or relevant field.
- Minimum of five years (5) years of experience in HR
- PHR Certification
Additional Desired Preferences
- At least 2 years supporting a global workforce or global HR certification.
- Project Management Experience
- Experience in a role which included a focus on identifying areas to increase organizational effectiveness through assessing and diagnosing situations and determining most appropriate intervention.
- Nonprofit experience
- Data Analytics experience
- Experience partnering with PEOs and supporting USAID funded programs.
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing is protected.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired):
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of our workfrom the standards we make to the partnerships and conversations we cultivate. An environment where every employee feels fully empowered and valued irrespective of, but not limited to, personality, race, ethnicity, physical and mental abilities, education, religion, gender identity and expression, life experience, sexual orientation, country of origin, regional differences, work experience, and family status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Note : USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Human Resources
Job Type Full-Time