The Process Engineer will serve as a Technical Lead for Capital projects, overseeing GMP manufacturing process equipment at the Moderna manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA. This individual will collaborate closely with MS&T, Facilities, Validation, and equipment End Users to successfully drive projects to completion. The ideal applicant will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment, and will play a critical role with ensuring that their projects are executed efficiently and effectively to meet objectives and timelines.
Heres What Youll Do:
- Provide direct engineering support and Subject Matter Expertise for process equipment in use at Norwood, MA (Ultrafiltration, Chromatography, Mixing Systems, Single Use Mixers, Buffer Prep Vessels, Temperature Control Units, Fermenters, Reaction Vessels, etc.).
- Drive results by owning and completing medium to large sized projects with challenging timelines and complex subject matter. Skills required to meet expectations of the role include high quality technical writing within the required quality systems and meeting the project timelines to ensure the production schedule is not impacted.
- The Process Engineer will participate on project teams through all phases of engineering projects related to process equipment including conceptual design, detailed design, equipment procurement, construction, installation, start up, commissioning, validation, and qualification of facilities and/or equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment to determine root cause of failure modes, independently drive failure resolution, owning Corrective/Preventative Actions and associated Change Controls.
- Own quality records such as Change Controls, Deviations, and CAPAs, related to manufacturing process equipment, as required. Provide input into preventative maintenance plans, assessing Change Controls, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain Engineering Turnover Packages, including specifications, component lists, operating manuals, and drawings for GMP process equipment.
Heres What Youll Bring to the Table:
- A bachelors degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience as a Process Engineer
- 5 years of experience in a GxP environment preferred.
- Experience with Bioprocess Equipment (Ultrafiltration, Chromatography, TMIX, Single Use Mixers, Buffer Prep Vessels, Temperature Control Units, Fermenters, Reaction Vessels, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) are required. Expected to be able to present own work to peers and cross-functional managers and influence leadership decisions. Technical writing skills required.
- Must be able use his/her technical background to investigate issues using a structured problem-solving approach to determine root cause and develop effective corrective and preventative actions. Must be able to be able to find root cause and path forward for complex problems.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required, and basic statistical analysis techniques are preferred.
- Ability to interact well with other groups and must be able to take ownership of and follow through on assignments. Must be able to drive results on multiple complex assignments simultaneously with minimal required direction from his/her supervisor.
- Ability to represent Modernas interests, objectives, and policies in a professional and responsible manner.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
Vacation, sick time and holidays
Volunteer time to participate within your community
Discretionary year-end shutdown
Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Since our founding in 2010, we have aspired to build the leading mRNA technology platform, theinfrastructure to reimagine how medicines are created and delivered, and a world-class team. We believe in giving our people a platform to change medicine and an opportunity to change the world.
By living our mission, values, and mindsets every day, our peopleare the driving force behind our scientific progress and our culture.Together, we are creating a culture of belonging and building an organization that cares deeply for our patients, our employees, the environment, and our communities.
We are proud to have been recognized as a Science Magazine Top Biopharma Employer, a Fast Company Best Workplace for Innovators, and a Great Place to Work in the U.S.
If you want to make a difference and join a team that is changing the future of medicine, we invite you to visit modernatx.com/careers to learn more about our current opportunities.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. Were focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at email@example.com. (EEO/AAP Employer)