Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
SummaryThe Global Team Leader (GTL), VP is a highly experienced cross-functional project team leader of an) Asset and accountable to GPAD for the asset development strategy, GPT decisions, providing clear communication and issue resolution for high impact assets and strategic priorities as identified by the DS Leadership. The Global Project Team (GPT) is the empowered cross functional engine for agile development, the GTL is directly accountable to the global development governance for the GPT activities, deliverables (timeliness and quality) and strategy. The GTL will lead a complex global team which oversees a global development strategy designed to support registration and value-enhancing life-cycle plan to include managing complex internal and external collaborations. The GTL has accountability that far exceeds their direct span of control and therefore, requires very strong cross-functional leadership abilities with respect to leading others.
- Create and lead a high performing, cross-functional GPT with a complex and strategically important asset(s)-Lead/ensure team and cross functional strategic decision/alignment, positive dynamics and productivity.-Lead discussion at the GPT to reach decisions, including making final decisions when full consensus cannot be reached-Listen actively and enhance psychological safety for good communication within the team.-Collaborates and leads the team with other DS collaborations to include DAST.-Challenges functional representatives to ensure all issues and questions are being addressed and functional and regional area input into the strategy isadequate to meet the needs of the asset strategy.Ensures GPT’s responsibility for the identification and design of a sound, overarching and competitive, asset development strategy and execution to ultimately achieve global regulatory filing and ensure wide access of the compound.
- Manage Project budgets to ensure planning and spending is within approved budgets and consistent with established operating expense goals and in line with DS’s processes.
- Provide proactive regular strategic and tactical status updates to governance on progress, risks, opportunities and challenges, and pertinent changes in the external environment. Align asset development strategy is in line with corporate strategy and overall RD strategy
- Lead personal and corporate engagement with external Key External Experts (KEEs) and research scientists, collaborators, and other external stakeholders (to include alliance partnerships, cooperative groups and AROs). Collaborate with external partners to deliver existing commitments and to explore additional partnering opportunities. Manage complexity of internal/external development and commercial activities. Proactively identifies issues and risks while leading contingency planning and problem solving.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree MS/PhD or MBA with experience working within a science-based organization /function, or in Physical, or Life Sciences preferred Experience Qualifications
- 10 or More Years Extensive industry experience managing and leading therapeutic research and development teams required
- Experienced matrix leader required
- Understands relevance of early and late stage drug development required
- Experience influencing without direct authority, creating effective relationships with peer counterparts required
- Prior experience in drug development – team leadership and regulatory submissions (INDs, NDA/MAA) with proven ability to lead multiple highly complex and/or high priority projects required
- Exceptional ability to lead teams, identify and develop talent, and delegate effectively. Proven capability to lead, motivate, inspire without authority in a diverse, global, cross-functional structure required
- Strong, lucid, and influential communicator: exceptional influencing skills that demonstrate strong thought partnership and create effective relationships required
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to build and connect strong teams and community required
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.