Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
This position leads the budget management process and latest estimate analysis for the Pharmaceutical Technology (PT) Chemistry Manufacturing & Controls Management & Operations (CMC M&O), Clinical Supply Operations (CSO) and Regulatory Affairs and Chemistry Manufacturing & Controls (RACMC) functions. This position provides budget management and oversight, analytics, insights, and guidance to make budget recommendations to budget owners and leadership as appropriate. This position streamlines the budget management process as appropriate, shares best practices amongst regional and global teams as well as analyzes historical data and trends to make recommendations.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to budget preparation, analysis and review of general expenditures and program operations, and conducting specialized financial audits. The position will act as a liaison with departmental members, budget owners, and other key stakeholders in the finalization of the annual budget and monthly reporting process. Responsibilities also include being the primary budget liaison between Japan and Germany which consists of the identification and analysis of budget variances. Additional responsibilities/tasks are as follows:
- Understand project budget allocations; verify monthly project costs
- Run monthly budget performance reports for projects and distribute them to project managers and budget owners
- Examines and provides budget analytics, insights, and guidance to make budget recommendations to Project Managers as well as challenges appropriately as needed.
- Reviews historical data and trends to make recommendations as appropriate
- Has holistic oversight of budget management spend monitoring and Latest Estimates (LEs) for external expenses, including Comparator and CMO costs.
On a daily and monthly basis, monitor the actual spends. On a monthly and quarterly basis LEs are reviewed, updated, and justification shared with stakeholders.
- Streamlines budget management process as appropriate; shares best practices amongst global teams, creates templates, etc.
- Participates in financial system re-engineering activities to convert the current Excel based system to an IT Planful system. This position will require strong partnership relationships with IT to enhance current financial tracking and management systems. Individual motivation and independent learning will be required.
Maintain a list of access rights to departmental Sharepoint site, and grant access rights upon request. Participate in system redesign and implementation activities will also be required.
- Assists with communication of budget performance reports with project managers
This position leads the monitoring of actual spend for clinical study programs, works with vendors to review manufacturing and distribution projections related to monthly invoice estimates, and coordinates invoice processing with accounts payable.
Based on learning throughout the current fiscal year, plan for the next fiscal year budget planning, which includes project management and alignment with Finance / HR on WBS revision to improve budget management.
Contract, Purchase Order and Payment Management:
Coordinate with contract requesters, Legal Affairs, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, and vendors, prepare master service agreements and work orders, manage electronic sign-off and purchase requisition processes.
Create, Review and monitor work orders and contracts.
Resolve any issues found or escalate any critical issues the manager.
- This position is responsible for overseeing the management of records in accordance with Record Management Program (RMP) policies and procedures. This position requires prioritization of workflow, managing projects as requested, and completing time-sensitive and critical tasks. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality. Incumbent will need to take initiative, be able to work cross-functionally and work with minimal supervision.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA preferred
- 4 or More Years experience in pharmaceutical systems management (Contract, Vendor, Deviation, Budget systems) ; experience in database verification (including Good Documentation Practice), front-end database configuration, and/or data querying/reporting required. Pharmaceutical Development (RACMC, CMC, CSO) Understanding required preferred
- 4 or More Years Master in Excel, PLANFUL experience nice to have required
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.