Terray is a biotechnology company with the technology, data, and mindset to radically change the way we discover and develop small molecule therapeutics. We explore molecules and targets broadly and deeply with a sophisticated integration of ultra-high throughput experimentation, generative AI, biology, medicinal chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. Everything the company does is grounded in an iterative approach, producing massive amounts of precise, purpose-built data mapping interactions between small molecules and causes of disease that gets increasingly valuable with each cycle of design and experimentation. The company’s platform uniquely blends experimentation and computation to improve the cost, speed, and success rate of small molecule drug discovery and development.Position Summary
Terray is currently seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced full-stack software engineer. As an integral member of our Computational and Data Science (CDS) team, the candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining the data pipelines and user interfaces that power our tArray wet-lab experimentation platform. More specifically, the candidate will be a member of the Platform Data Science group within CDS, which handles the data for tArray workflows including library synthesis, image processing, chip decoding, and screening.
The core responsibilities of this position are:
- Automate and productionize the data pipelines and tools used by the Platform Data Science group.
- Design, build, and maintain user interfaces for wet-lab scientists to visualize and interact with their data.
- Collaborate with the laboratory automation team to develop tools to ingest data from our microscope platform and other automated instruments.
- Work with the DevOps team to deploy and monitor these pipelines and tools.
Experience and Qualifications
Part of Terray’s success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, vested in a vision of excellence, and actively taking part in the success of the business. Terray supports a positive work environment where employees can feel engaged, recognized and empowered to be creative.
- Proficiency in Python, the PyData stack (numpy, pandas, etc.), and web frameworks like Streamlit or FastAPI
- Familiarity with wet-lab procedures and interest in learning more about this field · Experience in UI/UX design and soliciting feedback from end users (for an internally-facing product)
- Experience in all phases of the software lifecycle from planning to maintenance
- Familiarity with relational databases (MySQL) and proficiency in interacting with these via SQL and ORMs (Django)
- Familiarity with batch processing (Slurm, AWS Batch), workflow management (e.g. Airflow), and AWS cloud resources.
$116,000 - $165,000 (annually) depending on seniority; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits.