Just-Evotec Biologics is looking for a Director of Process Sciences to join a fast-paced, collaborative, and multidisciplinary team to lead all aspects of process sciences for the advancement of low-cost biotherapeutics manufacturing through the refinement and implementation of integrated, continuous bioprocessing. This position will oversee bioreactor and purification development for both early and late-stage processes including process development, optimization, characterization, and technology transfer to manufacturing. The position requires strong management and leadership skills as well as a deep understanding of biologics process development. Experience developing new technologies including development and operationalizing continuous manufacturing capabilities is preferred. A proven track record of technical skills in this area, as well as experience leading groups of scientists is required. Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively over teleconference and web-based meetings are necessary.
- Lead a diverse group encompassing all aspects of large molecule process sciences.
- Optimize strategies for process development for upstream bioreactor processes, including media, and downstream purification processes.
- Define, monitor, and improve early phase, commercial processes and process characterization activities.
- Collaborate across the organization and be a key member and contributor to the Process and Product Design Leadership Team.
- Manage staff and capital resources and planning.
- Develop and refine regulatory communication both written and face-to-face.
- Be a technical resource for P&PD, Manufacturing, Quality and Regulatory as well as for clients and process development teams.
- Ph.D preferred in a relevant field (e.g. biochemistry, molecular biology, chemical engineering) with 10+ years of experience
- 10+ years relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience with regulatory filings including IND/INDa/BLA
- Motivated, self-starter with strong leadership skills
- Customer orientated.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Good interpersonal, team, and communication skills are a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with capacity planning tools and allocation of resources and equipment
The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be $115,500 to $214,500; Base salary offered may vary depending on individual’s skills, experience and competitive market value. Additional total rewards include discretionary annual bonus, comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, short-term and long-term disability, company paid basic life insurance, 401k company match, flexible work, generous paid time off and paid holiday, wellness and transportation benefits.
Evotec (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.