HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
CDnA - Data Science Manager (Omnichannel Analytics)Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. As part of the Commercial Data Science team, you will collaborate with business partners, service owners and IS peers to develop predictive models and insights across the US Commercial Organization. This position will innovate and build significant business impact through the use of sophisticated analytics techniques to help Amgen with its mission to serve patients by helping them get the therapies they need.This is an onsite position based in Thousand Oaks CA.
This position will be primarily responsible for:
- Leading measurement and tracking of various omnichannel CX enablement initiatives
- Supporting the development of data science, machine learning prototypes, proof of concepts and models for testing various omnichannel strategies
- Crafting and deploying a framework to supervise the performance of various campaigns, and tactics at a granular level
- Measuring the impact of cross-channel campaigns and the overall omnichannel program
- Identifying business needs and proposing potential analytics approaches for solutions
- Communicating analysis ideas, progress and results to leadership and business partners
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams on projects and/or programs with aims to systematically derive insights that ultimately derive substantial business value for Amgen and our patients
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The data science professional we seek is analytical with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 3 years of data science and/or analytics experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of data science and/or analytics experience
Associates degree and 10 years of data science and/or analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of data science and/or analytics experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Relevant work experience in campaign measurement, marketing analytics and resource optimization in the pharma domain
- Programming experience with Python, R, or SAS and experience with ML libraries like scikit-learn, MLib, or TensorFlow
- Experience working with large datasets, experience working with distributed computing tools (Spark, Hive, etc.) is a plus
- Diligent technical proficiency with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organization/planning skills and talent for leading many large and sophisticated datasets.
- Ability to collaborate and influence business partners and other IS resources to drive analytic projects end-to-end
- Ability to communicate analysis in a clear, detailed, and practical manner
- Passion for learning and staying on top of current developments in sophisticated analytics
- Biotech / Pharma experience
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.