HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Intern - RNA TherapeuticsLive
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this immersive and experiential 10-12 week role (summer 2024) you will be part of the fast-paced, integrated and interactive department of Biologics Therapeutic Discovery with responsibilities including developing and interpreting new methods for RNA delivery via targeting and post-transcriptional control. This will include the opportunity to work within Amgens RNA Therapeutics group, which is focused on novel and innovative approaches to deliver RNA to modulate intractable targets in unmet medical conditions, and cross-functionally with Therapeutic Areas and the Center for Research Acceleration by Digital Biology on the delivery of a variety of modalities.
- The intern will work as part of the RNA Therapeutics team responsible for developing and interpreting post-transcriptional RNA delivery strategies, including advancing existing work in cellular models or via exploration of cell-specific expression profiles.
- Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: devising and implementing creative scientific strategies to address RNA delivery issues through conducting laboratory experiments, working closely with other researchers to influence team direction and advance programs, communicating progress and strategy in various forums, and preparing technical documents.
- Experience with flow cytometry, immunoprecipitation, primary cell culture, and/or various RNA sequencing library construction approaches will be viewed favorably. Ongoing educational experience with post-transcriptional RNA processes are not required but may be beneficial to the applicant.
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The RNA Therapeutics intern we seek is a self-disciplined Scientist with these qualifications:
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship OR a Masters program for a Masters internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR Ph.D. for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR Masters OR Pharm D OR Ph.D. program before the internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship OR co-op
- Degree concentration(s) in Molecular biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Computational Biology. Additional degree concentrations will be considered dependent on the research focus of the individual dissertation focus or technical aspects of a students ongoing work.
- Demonstration of good lab practices, with particular attention to safety
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), curiosity and the ability to work well in teams and individually.
- Appropriate and timely documentation and dissemination of experimental results to team members and the broader therapeutic discovery community is a requirement
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $30 - $40.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.
careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword R-174519
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.