HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Intern - Cell-Free Protein ExpressionLive
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Discovery Protein Science is seeking a motivated graduate summer intern to join the team at the Amgen South San Francisco site. Discovery Protein Science group is responsible for designing and producing key enabling reagents to support early discovery programs and exploring groundbreaking novel protein modalities.
This internship will use the high-throughput cell-free expression platform to identify protein designs with desired attributes such as high stability and solubility. The intern will primarily work in the laboratory to improve expression conditions, refine purification strategies for different protein types, conduct quality control analytics, and create a standardized report to guide subsequent scale-up protein production.
The intern will gain knowledge about the protein production process in industry settings and experience how to design and produce proof-of-concept molecules fit for specific purposes.Win
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The motivated individual we seek is a hard worker with these qualifications:
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship OR a Masters program for a Masters internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR Ph.D. for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR Masters OR Pharm D OR Ph.D. program before the internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship OR co-op
- Degree concentration(s) in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related subject area.
- With minimum 6 months of laboratory experience.
- Hands-on experience in recombinant protein expression using E.coli, insect cells, mammalian cells or other model organism systems.
- Experience in SDS-PAGE analysis.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $30 - $40 per hour.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.
careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword R-174264
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.