HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Grad Intern Translational Safety & Bioanalytical SciencesLive
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this program, you will join the Translational Immunology and Safety Sciences group based in South San Francisco, CA and be involved in an effort to optimize and validate an in-house immune cell functional assay to support the assessment of immunomodulatory potential of drug candidates.
- Review study-related literature and relevant regulatory guidance
- Design and implement cynomolgus macaque cell-based assays with functional readouts
- Analyze and interpret data and present internally to group members and/or externally at departmental meetings
- Understand the importance of data integrity and maintain a high standard of scientific record keeping
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The graduate intern we seek is a highly motivated and collaborative person with these qualifications:
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship OR a Masters program for a Masters internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR Ph.D. for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR Masters OR Pharm D OR Ph.D. program before the internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship OR co-op
- Currently pursuing PhD or MS in the field of immunology, immune-oncology, cell and molecular biology or related fields with basic immunology training
- Demonstrate a track record of critical thinking and scientific achievement in related fields with publications
- Prior experience with cellular immunological techniques, such as primary cell culture, immune cell-based assays and multi-color flow cytometry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, be highly motivated and collaborative
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $30 - $40.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.
careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword R-174167
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.