HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.Scientific Business Systems Analyst- - R&D AI/MLLiveWhat you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will function as a scientific business analyst and collaborate closely with a cross-functional group of data scientists, data engineers, and ML engineers. Together, we analyze the latest industry trends and business requirements, creating, implementing, and scaling state-of-the-art machine learning models to revolutionize the drug discovery process and accelerate early pipeline work. Our success is inspired by our commitment to our patients, and to our business partners. We at Amgen are building upon long-term commitment to patients by developing a whole new class of novel molecules and we need top talent to ensure these molecules become medicines and realize their potential for helping patients. Key Responsibilities:
WinWhat we expect of you
- Elicit business requirements and provide critical thinking to establish & evolve vision of how AI and Machine Learning capabilities can be used to optimize and accelerate drug discovery research.
- Provide scientific expertise and partner with ML engineers/data scientists to design and develop cutting-edge machine learning models tailored to accelerate drug discovery initiatives.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of experts to understand and interpret industry trends and business demands.
- Enable the application of advanced AI/ML techniques to extract meaningful insights from vast datasets.
- Contribute to the continual improvement and optimization of AI/ML pipelines to address evolving challenges in drug discovery.
- Collaborate on cross-functional projects to drive innovation and efficiency.
- Ensure the effective design, development, and management of software products in compliance with Amgen's security and quality standards.
- Collaborate closely with scientists to evaluate and adopt cutting-edge AI and ML technologies to address scientific business needs. Contribute to shaping the vision and roadmap for the Research software ecosystem.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in AI/ML and their applications in the pharmaceutical industry.
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek will have these qualifications. Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree ORMasters degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems experienceOrAssociates degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience OrHigh school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience Preferred Qualifications:
ThriveWhat you can expect of us
- BS or MS in life sciences, computer science or engineering
- 3+ years of experience in implementing and supporting laboratory information systems (LIMS) and scientific data collection systems, preferably focused on application of AI/ML capabilities.
- Demonstrated expertise in a scientific domain area and related technology needs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion for tackling complex challenges in drug discovery.
- Familiarity with one or more agile software development methodologies.
- Collaborative spirit and effective communication skills to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team.
- An ongoing commitment to learning and staying at the forefront of AI/ML advancements.
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being. In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
Apply nowfor a career that defies imagination
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.