HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Sr. Building Automation Systems EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this role Amgen Corporate Engineering is seeking an experienced, and motivated individual to serve in a role as Building Automation System engineer within its Engineering Technical Authority (ETA) organization. The successful candidate will be accountable for Project support and assist Life Cycle management of the system, and be part of an impactful, engaging team that provides support to multiple sites around the country.
Candidate must have strong leadership and communication skills, and the ability to approach technical issues with a science based mentality while providing clear direction within the area of expertise. In addition, this role provides technical guidance and specification to BAS System Integrators to ensure robust and aligned implementation of Amgens BAS requirements across the supported sites. We will provide training and mentoring that will help new employees quickly adapt to this new role and will we encourage and assist with career development.
The Building Automation System engineer will:
- Support Capital Projects in the development of the Scope of Work and Sequence of Operation documents, design reviews and commissioning activities.
- Perform engineering studies, project feasibility assessments, and cost estimates of BAS installations, modifications, and upgrades.
- Lead or assist in continuous improvement and innovation initiatives for efficient operation and sustainability improvements of HVAC and utility systems.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve BAS system health.
- Provide support for various Energy Management applications.
- Build relationships at multiple sites with the clients, Facility Managers, and Maintenance personnel.
- With Amgens strong safety culture, ensure all work is performed in a safe manner, in compliance with all safety policies and standard processes.
- Will support systems via remote computer access and provide phone support to on-site operations. This support is required during business and may be needed non-business hours.
- Join a highly technical team of engineers respected through the company that design Amgens innovative facilities.
- Work with cross functional teams implementing new technologies and continuous improvement at existing sites, resulting in a strong network of subject matter experts across the world.
- Deliver major capital projects and support Amgens mission to serve patients by transforming the promise of science and biotechnology into therapies that have the power to restore health or save lives.
- Contribute heavily to Amgens sustainability goals including achieve carbon neutrality by 2027, along with a 40% reduction in water used and a 75% reduction in waste disposed.
- Leverage Amgens flexspace office strategy balancing work from home and on-site work as appropriate.
- Join a diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and potentially act on them.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization.
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek will possess these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 3 years of Automation experience in Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices or Biotechnology industries
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Automation experience in Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices or Biotechnology industries
Associates degree and 10 years of Automation experience in Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices or Biotechnology industries
High school diploma/GED and 12 years of Automation experience in Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices or Biotechnology industriesPreferred Qualifications:
- 12+ years as a Building Automation Engineer with an understanding of HVAC systems and utility systems.
- Experienced in Building Automation System Platforms with proficiency in Schneider Electric Schneider (Andover) Continuum and EcoStruxure BAS hardware and software.
- Knowledge in field instrumentation such as temperature, pressure, and flow devices typically connected to HVAC systems.
- Ability to work in the field and perform trouble shooting of I/O devices and the system to diagnose, repair, and return automation systems to efficient operation.
- Knowledge in operation and maintenance of MS Windows based computer workstations, MS Office applications; web based computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) for work order management, etc.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone, as well as with multiple teams consisting of operational staff, client managers, vendors, and contractors via on site presence, telephone, and email communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability and aptitude to work well with others in a team.
- Strong Utility Plant, HVAC, and mechanical systems background in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with Energy Management and Building Analytics applications.
- Should possess a foundational knowledge of networks and Industrial protocols such as BACnet.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $129,515.00 to $151,086.00.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.