HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Manager, Portfolio Investment OptimizationLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role of Manager, Investment and Optimization will focus not only on understanding customer needs, market trends, and competitive landscape but also on making data-driven investment decisions, collaborating with the cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Value & Access, Media, Forecasting, Finance etc.), to optimize marketing spend and drive maximum return on investment (value). This position will innovate and drive notable business impact using sophisticated analytics techniques to help Amgen with its mission to serve patients by helping them get the therapies they need.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Media, Finance and other CD&A teams to understand brand strategy, competitive landscape, and financial goals to help create marketing budgets and monitor spending to ensure cost-effectiveness and improve return on investment.
- Help design metrics to track performance of spend across in-person, digital, and media channels and attribute impact across the same.
- Assess historic channel/tactic performance (return on investment, mROI, impactable sales etc.) and provide recommendations on effective and efficient future spend across brands, tactics, channels, and audience types.
- Partner with cross functional teams on projects and/or programs with strive to systematically derive insights that ultimately drive substantial business value for Amgen and our patients.
- Able to effectively communicate analysis ideas, progress and recommendations to leadership and business partners.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is analytical with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 2 years of applied statistics/data science and/or analytics experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of applied statistics/data science and/or analytics experience
Associates degree and 10 years of applied statistics/data science and/or analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of applied statistics/data science and/or analytics experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Expertise in using analytic tools such as Excel, R, SQL, Python, Tableau
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytical insights to nontechnical & technical partners and collaborators using clear and concise language.
- Experience with the application of statistical estimation techniques and/or optimization techniques.
- Strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Expertise in pharmaceutical data sets, such as prescriber-plan data, patient-level data, transactional claims, EMR/EHR data, SPP Hub data, media data, etc.
- Experience working with large datasets, experience working with distributed computing tools (e.g. Databricks, PySpark).
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $108,000-$132,000
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.