HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Senior Executive Assistant - Biologic Therapeutic DiscoveryLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be supporting the Vice President of Biologic Therapeutic Discovery (BTD) in a hybrid (onsite (Thousand Oaks)/remote) role.
- Lead and develop a high-performing team of up to 4 Administrative Coordinators (ACs) who provide support to over 500 scientists at research sites in the US. Will also coordinate closely with the AC teams supporting various research areas.
- Manage domestic and international travel arrangements, including flight bookings, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation for BTD Vice President.
- Process expense reports for executive ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Maintain the executive's calendar, ensuring appointments and meetings are scheduled efficiently.
- Organize and coordinate logistics for group meetings, including arranging venues, equipment, and catering.
- Assist BTD group with arranging guest speaker visits, consultants, and candidate interviews for L8 and above.
- Maintain departmental and functional calendars by managing vacation/on-site travel schedules.
- Maintain all BTD distribution lists.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is motivated with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Associates degree and 4 years of Administrative experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Administrative experiencePreferred Qualifications:
ThriveWhat you can expect of us
- Bachelors degree with 5+ years of experience in an administrative support role supporting large teams at different levels
- Supervisory or leadership experience working in technology-based organizations
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple people
- Detail-oriented and excellent travel and meeting planning skills
- Good external customer communication skills
- Expert level PC skills in Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and advanced typing skills
- Excellent time management and project management skills with the ability to prioritize projects of greater vitality and importance
- Calm under pressure
- Managing multiple calendars including coordination across multiple time zones
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in communicating key business and clinical information
- Experience providing administrative support to remote staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an effective, can-do attitude
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality, as well as judgment, creativity, flexibility, and initiative in resolving issues
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.