TPM (Third Party Manufacturing) Procurement is a global team of procurement professionals focused on delivering the pipeline and supporting on-market product assurance of supply. TPM team has strong relationships with R&D and Operations to support development needs and to bridge future commercial operational requirements and on-market assurance of supply.
Sourcing Manager will lead sourcing needs for combination products and device requirements within our global bio-pharmaceutical business. This supports AbbVie delivering pipeline and on-market product assurance of supply, including, launch excellence, risk mitigation, and value creation.
This role provides critical category support for Third Party Manufacturing needs for Combination Products / Device.
Responsible to lead external market sourcing, supplier identification and supply market insight activities for suppliers, products and geographic regions.. Primary point of contact for stakeholders to identify business needs, develop sourcing plans, and manage external supplier relationship engagement.
This position is responsible to own the lifecycle of a supplier agreement (deal inception to supply agreement execution) and is responsible to collaborate effectively with cross functional partners in R&D (Device development) and Operations (External Manufacturing, Internal Manufacturing, Brand, Supply Chain, Science and Technology).
Responsible for supporting annual multimillion dollar value creation, balancing financial goals with operational/quality needs
· Create and manage project plans, drive multiple projects through sourcing process and ensure timely end results meet the requirements of all organizations impacted.
· Deliver the pipeline and support on-market products for critical combination products/device categories.
· Partner early, build strong relationships with R&D, represent business requirements on due diligence and supplier selection.
· Align R&D needs with future commercial Operations' requirements.
· Highly credible professional presence with internal stakeholders and external suppliers. Represent Abbvie interests and lead Sourcing organization projects.
· Assure alignment across stakeholders, including, R&D, Internal Manufacturing, External Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Science & Technology, QA, Legal, Finance etc. to deliver results as a team.
· External sourcing and supply market capability awareness and expertise across regions and categories. Demonstrate “market sense” and leadership within the organization.
· Strong negotiator leveraging grasp of organizational interests and optionality to achieve results and goals
· Influence, through legitimacy, those with decision rights.
· Systematically evaluate complex sourcing opportunities.
· Sourcing manager owns all activities from new supplier identification, supporting pipeline, on-market and new technologies to finalizing of contracts.
· Proactive communicator, shares lessons learned broadly.
· Skilled approach executing negotiation process including usage of information, best practice and deal closure. Properly converts negotiated deals to performance based, legally sound contracts that successfully transition to category management for on-going supplier management and program sustainability.
· Initiates and cultivates open, honest and beneficial relationships with colleagues and stakeholders by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of other’s needs, promotes common goals and follows through on commitments.
· Understand AbbVie products, pipeline, and priorities to synthesize and develop opportunities with supplier capabilities.
Uses analytical abilities to gather, analyze and perform analyses of the opportunity data, market data and the various supplier proposals, to yield fact based decisions that address the business needs
· Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Finance, Chemistry/Biology, Law, Economics, Engineering or like degree. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)-desired.
· 6 years of total combined minimum experience required.
· Required experiences: Recognized as Sourcing Authority, Seasoned Negotiator , Project Management, Conflict Resolution, Supply Chain Management, Production Planning, Value Engineering, Cost Analysis, Financial Analysis, Quality Systems and Documentation, Regulatory Issues, Compliance, Contracting Experience, Commercial Law, Technical Experience. Computer Applications. Supervision of Matrix Organizations, Strong Communication/Persuasion, Presentation and Interpersonal Skills.
· Experience with sourcing and supply markets supporting combination products and devices.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.