At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Quick Benefit Overview:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription benefits are effective on your first day of employment
Paid vacation- starting annually at 120 hours (prorated based on start date)
$3,000 sign-on bonus
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
This position is responsible for performing and documenting the required maintenance and monitoring of manufacturing systems and equipment at the Branchburg manufacturing location, Building BB50. The required duties include execution of Preventative and Corrective/General/Emergency maintenance on the manufacturing mechanical systems (autoclaves, glassware washers, bioreactors, TFF skid, chromatography skids, vessels, etc.), calibration of associated instruments, installation of new equipment and general plumbing, electrical, operation of the BB50 HVAC and BMS systems, and other duties as assigned.
The position is required to perform the listed duties to minimize equipment downtime, support projects, and ensure that the needs of the internal customers are met. All work is to be in compliance with cGMPs, safety and OSHA requirements, and the Facility Maintenance Program. The objective of this position is to work with other facilities, manufacturing, and lab personnel to help the company and all its personnel reach their goals and provide a safe, clean and efficient environment.
System troubleshooting on all problems as they occur on equipment including but not limited to Incubators, Cold Rooms/Freezers, Bioreactors, TFF skids, Chrom skids, Manufacturing Tanks/Mixers, CIP skids, Autoclaves, Glassware Washers and other equipment in the BB50 Manufacturing areas. The individual must be fully knowledgeable and understand all aspects of equipment operation.
- Able to troubleshoot and determine best course of action to provide RCA and corrective requirements on equipment/instrumentation and systems.
- Able to perform PM and/or PMCal without guidance, and technical troubleshooting on advanced equipment and systems.
- Gains support of customers, technicians and supervisors to eliminate roadblocks and drive process improvements.
- Completes tasks and associated documentation timely with little to no errors, mentors and teaches other technicians.
- Acts as LOTO Lead, accurately troubleshoots using technical tools and expertise to identify and order the correct parts "Right the First Time."
- Engages with customers and engineers, exchanging information and knowledge to improve the process or system. Participates on a Safety Team.
- Maintain 100% compliant training records in Success Factors for all required training.
- Perform all aspects of the position by following cGMP’s and all Safety and OSHA regulations.
- Provide 24 hour emergency response as required.
- Coordinate outside contractors and ensure contractors are properly trained and the training is documented before any work is performed.
- Monitor overall job environmental, health and safety aspects and understands the risks and liabilities associated with various facilities maintenance and repair activities.
- Must be able to recognize hazard conditions, take appropriate work place safety measures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment to suit work environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with 2 years vocational, industrial, trade school or apprentice program experience.
- 2 - 8 years mechanical hands-on experience.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Experience in a cGMP environment preferred.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs. and to climb a ladder.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbally.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Shift schedule is Wednesday - Saturday, 2pm-12:30 pm.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.