We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
Lead and execute efforts to characterize monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies using biochemical methods (ELISA, BLI, Gyrolab) .Utilize high-throughput technologies (Luminex, AlphaLISA) to characterize immune responses . Design novel immunoreagents such as monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins . Develop and implement novel immunoassays as required. Implement high throughput or semi-automated liquid handling as appropriate.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with a high degree of independence to execute R&D projects and contribute to project planning
- Perform a wide variety of tasks in the laboratory: troubleshoot, optimize, and execute bench experiments carefully and precisely. Make detailed observations as experiments are conducted. Maintain complete and accurate records of all work done in the laboratory.
- Safely handle serum and/or tissues from preclinical studies (ie murine, NHP) as well as samples of human origin
- Analyze data and interpret results. Present and discuss results of experiments with the department and project teams.
- Contribute to the development of new pipeline vaccines and therapeutics; perform proof-of-concept studies related to the development of new technologies.
- Participate on cross-functional project teams and support intradepartmental research efforts
- Write and review technical reports, research protocols, SOPs, and scientific manuscripts for publication.
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature
- Train others in areas of expertise.
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific publications
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• PhD in virology, immunology, or a related scientific discipline with a minimum of 5 years of post-doctoral experience.
• MS with 8 years of experience in vaccine/drug development in an industry research environment.
• BS with 10 years of relevant experience in vaccine/drug development in an industry research environment.
• Broad experience developing and implementing various immunoassay formats: ELISA, AlphaLISA, flow cytometry, ELISpot, Luminex
• Hands-on experience with assay development using BLI/Octet and/or Gyrolab instruments
• Hands-on experience with high-throughput assay formats and liquid handling
• Able to learn new skills quickly
• Understanding of scientific methods and statistical analysis
• Ability to analyze complex data and reach valid scientific conclusions
• Excellent verbal and technical writing skills
• Capable of searching scientific literature to gain information about specific topics
• Plan project tasks effectively, prioritize, keep to timeline, and multi-task
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.