Graduate Intern - Corporate Operations, Digital Ops (MBA)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.Graduate Intern - Corporate Operations, Digital Ops (MBA)
As a Gilead intern you will contribute to high-impact meaningful projects that will not only further advance our company's mission but will allow you to gain real world experience at one of the most innovative organizations in the world. You will also have opportunities to participate in special events including professional development and leadership presentations, social/network building activities and local community volunteer programs.
Digital Operations is a part of the Program Management Office (PMO) which sits within the Corporate Operations division. Digital Operations is responsible for launching innovative digital proof of concepts, as well as helping to foster a digital-first culture. Our mission is to develop a robust digital innovation incubation capability which accelerates ‘Corporate Operations' ambitions, embeds a digital way of working, and dramatically increases efficiency. The team operates as a start-up within the PMO where we develop solutions that deliver value to our division by focusing on the following themes: digitization, business intelligence and process automation. Since our inception in 2021, we have both developed a robust book of work, and plan to deliver 10+ high impact projects a year. Our pipeline for 2024 is strong, and we use our summer intern program as a launching point for new streams of work and capabilities that we want to bring into our department.
The Gilead Sciences Digital Operations (Corp Ops) MBA Internship Program is for first year MBA students seeking entry into biotech by providing an internship opportunity within an Operations function of Gilead Sciences. Interns will participate in a 10-12-week program, where they will have the opportunity to learn about the business and gain functional experience. Participants will also learn more about full-time opportunities that they may be qualified for after graduation. This internship is based in Foster City, California.Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Bring your analytical and technical skills to bear on one high impact Operations project
- You are encouraged to apply if the following example research/development projects are of interest to you
- External crowd sourcing of solutions using GitHub
- Internal crowd sourcing of solutions using the Gilead Idea Hub Innovation Software
- Explore applications of APIs in Operations
- Create a dashboard using Corporate Operations data using Power BI
- Build an automation for Operations in the MSFT PowerAutomate platform
- Build an integrated MSFT platform to collect, analyze, and report on self-reported skills and interest area(s) of employees
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a MBA program at an accredited US based university or college
- Must be enrolled full-time in the Fall Semester at an accredited university/college after the completion of the internship
- Must be able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between May and August
- Must be able to relocate if necessary and work at the designated site for the duration of the internship
Gilead Core Values:
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to identify issues and seek solutions
- Able to dedicate 40 hours per week to the program during the 10-12 weeks of the internship
- Passionate about emerging technology and the future of digital applications
- Familiarity with coding languages such as SQL, Python, R, etc. is a plus
- Familiarity with relational databases is a plus
- Familiarity with MSFT Power Platform is a plus
- Familiarity with Tableau is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop cross-functional relationships
- Energetic, organized, independent and a self-starter
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers
The expected hourly range for this position is $19.00 - $55.00.
Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including education level and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Benefits include paid company holidays, sick time, and housing stipends for eligible employees.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.