Senior Director, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionSpecific Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of this Biologics DMPK Senior Director position is to serve as an expert in the PK of biologics, representing the DMPK department by providing strategic and scientific leadership on large molecule discovery and development project teams. The position includes the responsibility for the design, supervision, and interpretation of experiments to understand the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (ADME) properties of large molecule protein therapeutics. In addition to serving as a project representative and departmental expert, he/she will have the opportunity to participate on business development and external research projects.Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Serve on project teams at various stages of discovery and development as a subject matter expert for DMPK Biologics, providing PK or PK/PD expertise to the design of nonclinical PK, toxicology, or pharmacology studies.
- Prepare study protocols and coordinate execution of nonclinical studies which may involve multiple functional areas and CROs.
- Design and perform complex PK-PD analysis to answer translational questions in support of project deliverables and first-in-human dose predictions.
- Interpretation and strategy for evaluating the impact of anti-drug antibody (ADA).
- Participate in business development and licensing evaluations.
- Work closely with project teams, line management and CROs to assure high quality and timely delivery of written PK reports and regulatory documents (IND, IMPD, IB, BLA) for regulatory submissions.
- Supervising of research scientists and associate scientists may be required.
- Requires a highly motivated individual with a PhD and 14+ years of post-graduate industry experience in the fields of pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism, pharmaceutics, or related life science field primarily supporting the PK characterization of large molecule/biologics through discovery and development.
- Applicant must demonstrate excellent verbal and technical communication, independent scientific thinking, with the ability to interpret results, determine next steps and present data to project teams and senior management.
- Applicant must demonstrate intellectual curiosity and propensity to stay current with latest advances in DMPK of biologics and PK analysis with a proven track record of sustained external visibility through publications, presentations and/or involvement in professional organizations.
- Applicant must be highly experienced in the application of PK-PD and multi-compartmental modeling software systems such as Phoenix/WinNonlin, MATLAB/Simbiology, or similar.
- Knowledge in the application of large molecule/biologics ligand binding assays and LC/MS bioanalysis is highly desirable.
The salary range for this position is: $230,860.00 - $298,760.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.