Senior Director, US Medical Affairs Strategy and Operations, Oncology
United States - New Jersey - ParsippanyUnited States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionSenior Director, US Medical Affairs Strategy and Operations, Oncology
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and oncology. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
We are seeking a Senior Director, US Medical Affairs Strategy and Operations, Oncology reporting to the Sr. Director, USMA Strategy and Operations Lead. The position will serve as a key business partner to the US Medical Affairs Oncology Leadership Team and be immersed in strategic and operational elements, leading, and driving cross-functional activities and projects within the business, providing insights and alignment to the organizational strategy and direction.
This role will also partner across the organization, working with counterparts in the USMA, US Commercial, and Global Medical Affairs organizations, operations lead, and project managers within USMA, and will be located at our headquarters in Foster City, CA., or Parsippany, NJ.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, experienced individual, with a strong track record of strategic and operational work experience, across a variety of settings and topics in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. They must have the proven ability to effectively manage complex and ambiguous projects, influence stakeholders without direct authority, effectively network across the organization, and communicate with senior leaders all within a very dynamic, fast-paced environment.Key Responsibilities:
Capabilities & Requirements:
- Support USMA Oncology Leadership meetings and drive actions/follow-up in collaboration with VP, USMA Oncology
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance and efficiency improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution and support project management of these initiatives aligned with USMA Oncology Goals
- Targeted focus on driving impactful results and strategic initiatives through operational rigor, collaboration and cross-functional/leadership alignment.
- Develop and maintain detailed work plans on key initiatives which include identification of project tasks, clear milestones, and assignments of work project responsibilities, schedules, plans, resources, budget, and status reports developing robust processes to support planning and management.
- Collaborate across multiple internal functions to manage employee, customer, partner, and other appearances for the executive including prioritization of internal and external events based on impact and strategic goals, partnering on preparation, and ensuring timely follow up.
- Work closely with Global Medical Affairs, US Commercial, Public Affairs and other functions to partner on internal and external communications strategy and preparation/content for impactful presentations. This includes QBR/business updates, Board updates, leadership meetings, project/initiative presentations, customer meetings, keynote talks, all hands presentations
- Identify and facilitate sharing of best practices across the organization
- Highly resourceful and strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence, operational rigor and project management capabilities
- Demonstrated consistent cross-functional collaborator, and business partner, directly contributing to teams to achieve overall objectives
- Strong leadership and communication skills across functions and leadership teams; comfort in scientific, business, and technical discussions. Able to influence without direct authority
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- Experience driving large initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success is required
- Depth of understanding of the function's financials; in partnership with finance partners, identifying initiatives to support commercial opportunities for growth
- Strong enterprise thinking and approach
- 10+ years of growing responsibility with broad exposure to multiple functions
- Prior experience in medical affairs (field and in-house) is strongly preferred.
- High proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, and Excel
- Willingness to travel as needed (up to 30%)
- PharmD, MD, PhD, PA, or NP degree and 12+ years of relevant scientific experience in Oncology required.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Foster City, CA, USA, or
- Parsippany, NJ, USA
The salary range for this position is: $242,590.00 - $313,940.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ApplicantAccommodations@gilead.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.