GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Facilities Mechanical Technician is primarily responsible for maintaining all building, utility and operations equipment. This position is responsible for assisting in the development and coordination of mechanical, controls, and maintenance services to assure equipment reliability. Responsible for maintaining site HVAC systems, Building Automation System (BAS), and other systems supporting 24/7 site operations. The individual will need to collaborate with the rest of the facilities team to ensure Facility Assets (utilities, equipment and systems) reliability, assist in the spare parts program to maintain inventory levels, and qualify replacement parts. Maintenance activities would include troubleshooting, preventative and corrective interventions. This position reports to the Facilities Technician Lead.
This position will require the use of technical manuals, on-line resources, and OEM representatives to maintain equipment operation with minimum downtime. This position will work with other maintenance and technical trades, contractors, engineers, metrology, validation, and quality to help keep these systems operational while adhering to GxP/ GLP/GMP regulations and quality standards when applicable. Strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and Quality Standards in a FDA-regulated facility are mandatory. In addition, this individual will also be involved in the installation and start-up of new equipment and assist with any commissioning and qualification activity as required. This position will also support the Environment, Health, and Safety personnel (EHS) to ensure the systems are operated safely and within limits.You will:
Your background should include:
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and repair the Facility Assets (utilities, equipment and systems) listed, but not limited to: boiler hot water system, compressed air, house vacuum pressure system, reverse osmosis deionized water system, air handling units, and other utilities while supporting 24/7 operations.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance, and walk-throughs of Facility Assets (utilities, equipment and systems) and ensure work is recorded in the site’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Perform and/or coordinate planned and on-demand maintenance activities for Facility Assets (utilities, equipment and systems) laboratory operations support equipment.
- Monitor and respond to Building Automation Systems (BAS) alarms and notifications to support 24/7 operations.
- Perform maintenance records and coordinates required training to employees and contractors. Document work utilizing the site's CMMS.
- Assist with developing maintenance Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Work Instructions (WI), Job Hazard Assessments (JHA), Risk Assessments (RA), job plans, spare parts lists, and other relative documentation.
- Maintain all mandatory training requirements ensuring compliance to site procedures and job performance qualifications.
- Work with equipment manufacturers, vendors and support personnel to complete repairs, procure spare parts, and schedule maintenance.
- Adhere to EH&S guidelines and policies to ensure safe operation of the equipment and systems.
- Other duties that may reasonably be assigned by management/supervision.
- Embrace and promote the GRAIL’s Cultural Values and represent the company properly
- Technical Certifications or an Associate's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Applied Engineering is preferred. Equivalent military or similar training also considered.
- Candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of maintenance or operating experience , preferably in the Life science industry and/or Clinical Lab (for example: CLIA) regulated environment
- HVAC CFC Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of MS and/or Google Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Physical Requirements:
- The ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Climb ladders and stairs of various heights.
- This position will include on-call availability for maintenance issues in rotation with other technicians.
- This position may require coverage of different shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be:
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced start-up environment. Able to be on a rotating, on-call schedule responding to issues after hours and weekends/holidays.
- Maintain a positive, professional, and customer-oriented attitude.
- Seeks opportunities to implement a mindset of continuous process improvement as related to Facility Assets (utilities, equipment, and systems).#LI-AA1
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $74K- $87K. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.