Uses scientific education to perform laboratory testing within a good manufacturing practices environment to generate results and interpret data output to determine conformance. Has experience and command of laboratory techniques to perform the minimal error and implement new technologies or processes that currently do not exist within the laboratory. Takes responsibility for completing assigned work tasks and goals and can independently prioritize work schedule in order to meet both objectives.
- Performs Quality Control laboratory testing to ensure patient safety. This work is performed within a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) environment in support of one or more of the following areas: active pharmaceutical ingredients, incoming/raw materials, in-process product, finished product, stability, and/or validation.
- Interprets data output to determine conformance with product specifications and records results.
- Understands, implements, and maintains a safe work environment for themselves and others in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Conducts testing in accordance with USDA, IACUC and AVMA guidelines.
- Conducts terminal phase rodent studies including body weight measurements, necropsy, collection of tissue samples.
- Basic husbandry duties along with animal health observations may be required.
- AALAS Certification (ALAT, LAT or LATg) or progress to certification encouraged.
- Proficient in the use and understanding of basic laboratory equipment, maintenance and troubleshoot instrument issues.
- Maintains training as needed. Accepts responsibility for acquiring knowledge and experience to support continual personal development.
- Communicates proactively with supervisor and team members on a frequent basis to ensure timely product release.
- Excellent problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills. Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow procedures.
- Track record of teamwork and adaptability. Maintains a positive work environment and culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 6 years of laboratory experience; or Associate’s Degree with at least 8 years of laboratory experience; or High School Diploma with at least 10 years of directly related lab experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.