At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- Analyze inventory levels of items within SAP and act as needed (placing purchase orders, expediting and deferring deliveries etc.)
- Place purchase orders in SAP and Ariba with suppliers with sufficient lead time to enable on time deliveries to facilitate support of production orders
- Monitor and adjust purchase order quantities and delivery dates as needed and maintaining SAP with current accurate data
- Build strong relationships with external vendors, internal Lilly RTP team and other Lilly sites
- Manage material expiration and revisions to prevent production schedule disruptions and minimize destructions and obsolescence
- Creation and maintenance of material master data, MRP parameters, reorder points, safety stocks, lead times, and lot sizes etc.
- Work closely with Production Planning, Scheduling, Quality, Warehouse & Logistics, Lilly Joint Process Teams as well as project teams to ensure material needs are met
- Troubleshoot receiving issues with purchase orders and communicate to suppliers regarding documentation needed to perform receipt and/or invoice payment
- Track and report purchasing metrics, including on time delivery, past due purchase orders, releasing purchase orders on time, etc.
- Lead projects and participate in cross functional teams working on process improvements, material revisions, launches, labeling changes etc.
- Partner with Finance/Procurement for evaluation of new materials, management of slow-moving inventory and processing the destruction of obsolete inventory
- Coordination of Engineering and/or test materials for project support or test runs
- Completion of investigations and tasks in TrackWise for change controls and deviations
- Support the Lilly RTP site for both start-up activities and routine operations
- Create and/or update Standard Operating Procedures and processes
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Experience in manufacturing, procurement, or supply chain preferably a GMP environment
- SAP Purchase to Pay experience
- Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or other industry that is FDA regulated
- Ability to work independently with little day-to-day direction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills up, down and across the organization
- Capability to prioritize and multi-task effectively with the ability to change direction quickly
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, working safely and accountable for supporting all HSE objectives
- Collaborate with other internal and external teams
- Occasional need for support outside of core working hours
- Some travel may be required (<10%)
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.