Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Manager, R&D Content and Communications Channels on our R&D Communications team based in Cambridge, MA reporting to the Senior Director, R&D Communications.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The R&D The Communications, Learning, Partnerships and Policy (CLPP) team helps advance the discovery, research and development of life-changing medicines through strategic communications, learning and partnership opportunities. Within and beyond Takeda, we provide scientists and their teams the opportunity to participate in meaningful dialog and fruitful collaborations to spark curiosity, shape external policy decisions, champion innovation and drive positive change. Through our team’s work, we are putting Takeda at the forefront of our industry.The Senior Manager, R&D Content and Communications Channels is a critical and central member of the team who will be responsible for:
- Working across the CLPP team, the global R&D organization, business units, functional areas and other organizations we closely partner with across Takeda to develop and execute a high impact internal and external R&D content strategy
- Mapping content to major themes, initiatives, and business objectives determining the appropriate channels and timelines for distribution
- Overseeing the ongoing distribution of content across all internal and external communications channels including website, R&D Sharepoint, Takeda social media channels, e-mail, print and others
- Developing and refining metrics to measure the impact of communications, distilling insights to inform future content and constantly improve performance
Drive and manage a variety of internal and external communications content that may include but are not limited to:
- Working with the CLPP team and our agency partners to develop and maintain a detailed calendar of all planned content to be distributed across all internal and external communications channels
- Acting as editor-in-chief, reviewing, editing and approving all content prior to distribution ensuring compliance with Takeda style and brand guidelines
- Collaborating with subject matter experts across the organization to develop, review and approve content
- Overseeing the timelines and deliverables of colleagues who are assigned content generation deliverables
- Creating and distributing regular metrics and insights reports to help refine content strategies
- Posting content across all internal and external channels
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors required
- 6+ years of communications experience in a PR agency or corporate setting
- Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology, or health care industry experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing content for a global complex organization required
- Excellent interpersonal skills including oral and written communication
- Ability to orchestrate effective meetings and drive consensus
- Ability to develop content that conveys complex ideas and scientific concepts in simple, concise and creative ways to engage employees and external audiences across channels (written, social media, and multimedia content)
- Strong presentation skills to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences
- Strong writing and message development skills with an ability to write and adapt to various styles, formats and cultures
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure with superior attention to detail
- Ability to balance short- and long-term priorities
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously across geographies and time zones
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office Program Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel in addition to Microsoft Sharepoint and Microsoft Teams
- Experience working at an agency or consultancy, or with vendors such as public relations agencies, design firms and production companies
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Base Salary Range: $130,200 - $186,000. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
- The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type