At Corcept Therapeutics, we believe the potential impact of cortisol modulation on the future of health has long gone overlooked. That is why for twenty-five years we have pushed the boundaries of what is possible, driven by fiercely independent science, open collaboration and the curiosity to follow the data wherever it leads.
Our company is committed to building a culture that values diverse perspectives and the unique contributions of every employee. Our vibrant community is made up of over 300 people—medical practitioners, scientists, and industry professionals—all with the shared goal of advancing the science of cortisol modulation to treat serious disease.
Our work has uncovered over 1000 proprietary selective cortisol modulators, including our marketed product, Korlym® (mifepristone), the first treatment available for those living with Cushing’s syndrome, a life-threatening condition caused by excess cortisol activity. Today, we have a unique opportunity to revolutionize the treatment of severe endocrine, oncology, metabolism and neurology disorders and aim to deliver better outcomes for the people affected by them.
This position will provide leadership in the planning, forecasting, materials sourcing, distribution and return of Corcept’s development and commercial products.
- Identify and manage external global partners (e.g., depot, affiliate ops, CRO, IxRS vendors) to ensure consistent availability of drug supply at distribution centers/clinical trial sites
- Develop, maintain, and implement supply chain policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems with a focus on continuous improvement
- Coordinates labeling; defines packaging requirements; controls inventory; oversees shipping/receiving (including import/export), storage, and destruction
- Generate and review documents such as work orders, contracts, purchase orders, material transfer requests, and shipping documentation
- Works with QA to ensure supplies are prepared in accordance with the applicable global GxP regulations; supports QA vendor qualification and auditing process
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers/vendors to secure best pricing for the business. Monitor and report the cost, schedules and performance aspects of contracts, ensuring budgets and timelines are on track
- Assist with the preparation of the department budget. Manage budgets and collaborate with Finance to address budget variance.
- Lead Supply meetings
- Position requires 10-15% travel
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Technical Proficiencies:
- Demonstrated knowledge of forecasting and inventory management as it relates to master scheduling, materials requirement planning, and applicable SOPs and GMPs
- Ability to think strategically in order to anticipate risk to uninterrupted supply
- Demonstrated skill in successful international shipment, including customs clearance
- Demonstrated ability to establish supply strategy from clinical drug protocol
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Life Sciences or Business (Operations Management or Supply Chain Management) or equivalent experience; certifications such as APICS, CPIM, CIRM, PMP are preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry, 7+ years experience in supply chain
- Experience in management of IRT systems
The pay range that the Company reasonably expects to pay for this position is $190,000 - $231,600; the pay ultimately offered may vary based on legitimate considerations, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and education. An annual cash bonus and equity grants may be provided as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other wellness benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Corcept appreciates the commitment and hard work of all our team members as we strive to discover and develop novel treatments for patients with serious unmet medical needs.
Please visit our website at: https://www.corcept.com/
Corcept is an Equal Opportunity Employer