We’re looking to hire a scientist with a background in biotherapeutics to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
As a member of our New York City-based Enterprise Informatics team, you will support the expansion of LiveDesign, our well-established, industry-leading molecular design platform, to facilitate biopharmaceutical design. Product Managers in LiveDesign help our engineering teams create groundbreaking software by driving functionality design, defining success, setting and prioritizing goals accordingly, and ensuring the scientific mission drives the process. This role provides hands-on, day-to-day access to the business direction and scientific functionality of the product and industry. As an Enterprise Biotherapeutics Product Manager, you’ll advocate for users of our software by applying the wealth of knowledge you have acquired through practical experience to bridge the information gaps between the technical, scientific, and business worlds.
Who will love this job:
- An innovator with experience in biologics drug discovery who is cognizant of the challenges of currently available bioinformatics software tools
- A scientist with experience substantiating ideas on how to address the challenges and informatics needs of the biopharmaceutical industry, with an enthusiasm to help make the next generation of improved enterprise software tools in global pharma
What you’ll do:
- Guide and support the biotherapeutic adaptation of our well-established enterprise software platform for both customers and internal drug discovery teams
- Work with both the scientific and technical teams to design and drive the development of model-supported biotherapeutic design tools via user stories, workflow definition, and facilitating iterative feedback from customers as well as internal drug discovery groups
- Help translate the needs of scientists into workflows and software tools by collaborating closely with our engineering team on the optimal implementation of the product designs
- Stay connected to the biologics space and industry leaders to ensure the team stays ahead of evolving industry needs
What you should have:
- Deep familiarity with the biologics drug discovery and development process, namely in nucleotide, peptide, antibody, antibody drug conjugate, and/or T-cell receptor based therapeutics
- Experience working with various bioinformatic and data management systems
- Collaborative spirit and interest exploring how computational tools can facilitate discovery and design of novel biotherapeutics
- A learning mindset: experience in enterprise software product management or development is not required - we’ll help develop your technical knowledge through collaboration with our scientific and engineering teams
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range: $100,000 - $160,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.