As part of the Corporate Business and Strategy Group the Strategy Director will act as a driver for the development and execution of our BD strategy. This role will work across functions to support development of BD strategy priorities to meet our TA and pipeline goals. Additionally this role will help execute against our strategy by being dedicated support for large deals or, secondarily, for other transactions.
- Provide TA level BD strategy support including partnering with TA leadership to develop and set TA BD priorities in line with overall pipeline goals
- Ensure pull through against our TA level BD strategy including prioritization of targets and capabilities of interest and leading multiple cross-functional External Innovation strategic initiatives
- Support the BD Strategy planning process and communication of our BD strategy to leadership
- Provide dedicated support when a large deal is active by acting as a bridge and integrator across functions (e.g., R&D, Commercial, Finance, BD and S&E)
- Lead developing materials to enable executive leadership decision-making on large deals
- Provide support to BD&A/S&E leads for ongoing transactions, including background market, financial or scientific background.
- Translate overarching strategies into various tactical plans that help achieve TA-specific and shared BD goals.
*Level of the role will be determined based on candidate experience level
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree. Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, MBA) highly preferred. Minimum years of experience - 12+ with Bachelors, 10+ with Masters and 8+ with PHD with experience driving large cross-functional initiatives / projects
- Strong understanding of the drug development, regulatory, and commercialization process for evaluation of pharmaceutical opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to drive large cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment, foster team consensus-building and deliver timely results
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate strategies and recommendations to executive-level audiences
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills to understand financial evaluations and drive fact based decision making
- Demonstrated ability to directly lead a team strongly preferred.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.