As an Associate Scientist II in Drug Delivery Sciences, you will work under the mentorship of a supervisor to characterize novel drug delivery systems for the sustained delivery of large molecules. You will collaborate with a talented, multidisciplinary, and cross-functional team to build cutting-edge new delivery capabilities and advance product candidates through early R&D. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and inquisitive, with good communication and collaboration skills and an understanding of scientific principles.
- Under the supervision of a mentor, generate and analyze data in alignment with project goals.
- Perform routine tasks and follows established experimental protocols.
- Learn and effectively implement new experimental protocols and/or techniques.
- Apply basic scientific principles and consult literature to understand the assignment.
- Support a safe, organized, and operational laboratory environment, including coordination of equipment calibration/maintenance, procurement of supplies, etc.
- Maintain timely and accurate laboratory records consistent with good documentation practices.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, bioengineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or a related field with 3 or more years of experience or a master’s degree with no years of experience
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Wet laboratory experimental skills preferably with experience in techniques and instrumentation employed in pharmaceutical formulation or analysis/characterization.
- Good interpersonal and team skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- A desire and capacity to learn, drive continuous improvement, and operate in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.