AbbVie is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our Quantitative, Translation & ADME Sciences (QTAS) team in South San Francisco. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in immuno-oncology, bioinformatics and data science, ability to drive cutting-edge science and work a matrix environment. Applicants having experience in R and Python coding and applications to single cell data analysis is highly desirable. The candidate will be expected to implement and/or evaluate new technologies and approaches to streamline data analysis for early and late-stage small drug modalities to facilitate rapid advancement of drug candidates in our pipeline. In addition, you will have opportunities to contribute to broader areas within QTAS as your experience and expertise warrants.
Core responsibilities include:
- · Maintaining existing R coding scripts in support of preclinical and clinical biomarker data
- Implement bioinformatic scripts and develop data visualization approaches for preclinical studies
- Evaluate emerging algorithms and approaches to improve rigorous assay development and internal quality control measures
- Keep up to date with emerging literature and science in high-parameter data analysis and visualizations
- Participate in cross-functional collaborations with preclinical and clinical teams to provide decision-quality data
- Communicate internally on topics related to pharmacodynamic biomarkers and bioanalysis
· MS level position in mathematics, bioinformatics, biotechnology, biology, immunology, cancer biology or B.A./B.S with 5 years of bioinformatic experience with a focus on biological systems. Prior experience with R and Python coding languages and data visualization approaches are required; prior experience with flow cytometry data is highly desired.
- Strong and relevant publication record in the bioinformatics, immune-oncology, and immunology fields
- Highly motivated, self-driven and results-oriented person with excellent communication and presentation skills, capable to work both as team player and independent scientific contributor
- Passion for generating ideas, learning, solving technical problems and applying new technologies to further scientific goals
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.