Barinthus Biotherapeutics is a fast-growing biotech company headquartered in Harwell, UK, and listed on Nasdaq in the United States. At only seven years old we already have a development portfolio of nine programmes, a partnered product that is in commercial production which has seen more than 3 billion doses administered worldwide and an IPO behind us. We are a publicly-listed clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that spun out of the University of Oxford’s Jenner Institute, one of the most prestigious vaccine research centres in the world. We discover and develop immunotherapeutics for the treatment and prevention of infectious diseases, autoimmune diseases and cancer. Our achievements include co-inventing and jointly developing our COVID-19 vaccine, Vaxzevria, which we assigned to Oxford University Innovation to facilitate the licensing of those rights to AstraZeneca. We have ongoing clinical studies exploring treatments for patients with HBV, HPV and prostate cancer, and have pre-clinical programs in coeliac disease and HPV cancer. We conduct research globally and have ambitious plans in the UK and US, where we will continue to grow our teams over the coming months and years.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
As the Vice President of Biometrics at Vaccitech, you will play a pivotal role in our mission to revolutionize healthcare. You will report to the Chief Medical Officer and be responsible for leading the Statistics and Data Management teams. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing a best-in-class internal biometrics function, growing our Statistics and Data Management teams across the UK and USA.
- Providing statistical expertise and input into the design of all clinical trials across our immunotherapeutic candidates and prophylactics, while aligning with our core values.
- Supporting the Data Management team when providing guidance regarding the most appropriate data management tools, electronic data capture (EDC) systems, and vendors for Vaccitech’s clinical trials.
- Establishing cross-functional standards to promote efficient and effective policies and processes across all of Vaccitech’s programs, embodying our value of teamwork.
- Managing biometrics and IRT vendors, including contract negotiation, budget management, and quality oversight.
- Identifying potential issues in clinical development programs and trials and offer statistical and data management guidance as needed.
- Conducting statistical reviews of critical documents such as protocols, SAPs, CRFs, TLFs, CSRs, IBs, and research studies, and serve as the primary signatory where applicable.
- Acting on behalf of Vaccitech at DMC and SMC meetings.
- Contributing guidance on blinding and randomization procedures to enhance trial design.
- Reviewing and approve statistical aspects of manufacturing reports and toxicology assessments, when required.
- Representing Vaccitech at investigator meetings, international conferences, regulatory interactions, and more, showcasing your passion for our work.
- Providing input into specimen tracking and blinding to ensure data integrity.
- Collaborating with the QA department on relevant guidelines and SOPs.
- Staying up-to-date on new statistical methodology, data management standards, and regulatory norms, embracing flexibility.
- Offering statistical review of grant applications to support our research efforts.
- Coaching, developing and providing guidance to the Statistics and Data Management teams as needed.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
The successful candidate for this role will hold an advanced degree in statistics and possess at least 20 years of progressive experience in the life science industry, including firsthand experience in statistics and data management. Proficiency in English is essential. Fluent knowledge of SAS and regulatory filing systems is required. Familiarity with vaccine trial design and toxicology studies is highly advantageous. Experience with current EDC systems and data collection tools is also needed.
By joining the Vaccitech team, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of individuals worldwide. If you are passionate about embracing diversity, upholding integrity, and contributing to the fight against diseases, we invite you to apply and become an integral part of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Together, we will shape the future of healthcare.
Notice to recruiters
Barinthus Biotherapeutics' internal Talent Acquisition leads recruitment and employment for Barinthus Biotherapeutics. Unsolicited resumes sent to Barinthus Biotherapeutics from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Barinthus Biotherapeutics and do not obligate Barinthus Biotherapeutics to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Barinthus Biotherapeutics operate a preferred list of recruitment suppliers, any and all equiries about joining us as a supplier should be directed to Barinthus Biotherapeutics' TA Team. We ask that external recruiters and/ or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.