This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a fast-growing, innovative bio-tech startup in brand new, state of the art headquarters buildings in the South San Francisco science hub. With occupancy in Q1 2024, this role will support the commissioning, startup, and move-in to over 230,000 square feet including over 100,000 square feet of BSL-1 and BSL-2 rated lab space. This role will lead a team of Facilities Management, EH&S and Hard Services professionals and create best-in-class lab operations and workplace experience programs for the client’s employees.
As a Senior Technical Facilities Manager with Hines, you will will provide leadership and direction to service delivery teams, vendors, and landlords for an assigned portfolio. This role will actively engage with client partners and is focused on managing service levels within spaces to establish, maintain, and continually elevate an exceptional employee experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain ethical and courteous relations with clients, occupants, landlords, and service partners.
- Meet with key partners regularly to share facilities information, solicit input, and resolve issues effectively.
Technical operations management
- Act as a subject matter expert on Hines Standard facilities management technical practices.
- Plan and manage technical operations including maintenance, safety, and sustainability programs
- Develop and administer asset management, inventory control and material management programs.
- Oversee building systems, ensuring assets are maintained at the highest standard; Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians.
- Support implementation and continued management of building certification programs.
- Supervise comprehensive ASHRAE Level 1,2, and 3 energy audits.
- Ensure all work is completed in compliance with governing laws, codes, and regulations as well as client EH&S, security, and IT requirements.
- Promote a safe working environment; Investigate and mitigate or resolve identified hazards.
- Respond to emergency situations as necessary.
Data, analytics, and reporting
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of operational data for assigned programs.
- Lead benchmarking and analysis of properties and identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Oversee and submit required reporting; prepare and execute mitigation plans and corrective actions.
Financial management and strategic sourcing
- Develop the annual operating and capital budgets, annual plan, quarterly forecasts, and variance analysis.
- Work collaboratively with internal and/or external sourcing professionals to source local services and goods through third-party suppliers while maximizing utilization of preferred vendors and the level of spend with Minority/Women-owned Business Enterprises.
- Develop specifications and assists in solicitation and administration of technical service contracts.
Team leadership and supervision
- Manage direct reports and oversee personnel activities for all assigned personnel.
- Ensure all program staff meet training requirements and support professional development plans collaboratively developed with employees.
- Promote a culture of diversity and inclusivity for all team members.
Work and knowledge management
- Maintain current and historical maintenance and repair records.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of maintenance, safety, and emergency procedures.
- Coordinate development of and/or maintain as-built drawings.
- Contribute to the account knowledge base and ensure knowledge remains up to date.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience
- Ten or more years of experience of facilities management experience required
- Experience leading teams or supervising the work of others
- Experience managing third-party vendors
- Experience managing budgets
- Working knowledge of applicable practices, laws, safety, and environmental regulations
- Experience as a building engineer or in a facilities technical trade preferred
- Working knowledge of architectural, electrical, and mechanical systems
- Project management
- Financial management
- Empowering business continuity
- Promoting positive employer branding
- Assuring a safe environment for work
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of facilities management operations
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems
- Ability to interpret technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form
- Commitment to hospitality, ensuring that all actions contribute to a positive customer experience
- Certified Facility Manager or similar credential preferred
- Strict adherence to non-disclosure agreements and a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to comply with client health and safety protocols
- Ability to manually lift 35 lbs
- Ability to climb up and down stairs, access restrictive openings, and perform emergency procedures
- Use olfactory, auditory, and visual senses to inspect buildings and detect emergency alarms
- Be flexible and available to support after-hours activities as required by the client
- Travel may be required up to 25% of the time
- You are required to be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination
- Compensation: $161,200 - $201,500.
Hines is a global real estate investment, development and property manager. The firm was founded by Gerald D. Hines in 1957 and now operates in 28 countries. We manage a $92.3B¹ portfolio of high-performing assets across residential, logistics, retail, office and mixed-use strategies. Our local teams serve 634 properties totaling over 225 million square feet globally. We are committed to a net zero carbon target by 2040 without buying offsets. To learn more about Hines, visit www.hines.com and follow @Hines on social media. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of June 30, 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.