ATCC is seeking a full time direct hire Senior Biologist to work in Gaitherburg, MD to support product development in a fast paced environment. Prior knowledge of aseptic techniques under industrial setting and Bioburden and other compendial in QC envirnonment is preferred.
The Senior Biologist is responsible for conducting diverse experiments to assist in the studying of biological materials and processes. Under minimal supervision, they conduct testing and studies to advance product development and research. They collect and report on data and findings.
The Senior Biologist monitors laboratory supplies, equipment, and cleanliness. They work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of multiple factors. The Senior Biologist resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways, demonstrating good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Prepare for and conduct diverse experiments to assist in studying the effects of varying materials, chemicals, environments, and physical conditions on biological materials and processes using standard scientific techniques and methods. Perform viability and purity checks on biological materials.
- Utilize a variety of advanced biological techniques to contribute to tests and studies that advance product research and development objectives.
- Collect and analyze data, make detailed observations, and interpret results. Test, validate, and document results neatly and accurately in notebooks, batch records and databases.
- Perform research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects.
- Document, present, and draw meaningful conclusions of research findings to help inform and support decisions.
- Investigate, create, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Prepare research documentation, such as grants, regulatory submissions manuscripts, reports, summaries, publications, and presentations.
- Support laboratory operations by ordering, monitoring, and reporting on department supply levels, monitoring equipment functionality and cleaning laboratory equipment.
- Remain current in biological research methods, techniques, and developments.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years' experience or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independentlyand within a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities of an advanced nature, simultaneously.
- Maintains accurate records.
- Demonstrates an advanced breadth of knowledge and expertise in relevant scientific discipline.
- Two years laboratory testing experience
- Hands-on knowledge of aseptic techniques under industrial setting
- Hands-on knowledge of Bioburden and other compendial testing in a QC environment
- Knowledge of cGMP and GLP
- Exceptional communication
- Good technical writing skills and high attention to detail
- Work experience in a regulatory environment is a plus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Founded in 1925, ATCC is a non-profit organization with a mission to acquire, authenticate, preserve, develop, standardize, and distribute biological materials and information for the advancement and application of scientific knowledge.
ATCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.