We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Accountable for the overall operations of the Warehouse during the shift, including inbound and outbound, inventory control, and material movement throughout the facility, providing leadership to the shift team, overseeing the allocation of job duties as well as performance.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for daily performance and training of all shift personnel
• Responsible for leading and developing all personnel
• Ensure incoming materials are received, put away, and managed appropriately according to procedure
• Verify outbound materials are picked, packed, and shipped accurately and according to procedure
• Ensure outbound shipment are on-time
• Champions safety and 6S
• Performance of cycle counts and other inventory audits to assure inventory accuracy
• Provide routine management information on inventory performance
• Ensure all records are maintained in accordance with Emergent requirements
• Lead change controls and Corrective Action Plans (CAPAs)
• Provide system oversight for the Non-Conforming Material (NCMR) process.
• Ensure all Warehouse procedures are kept current and applicable to the operations of the Warehouse.
• Maintain access, appearance, safety, and control of the warehouse including cold rooms and freezers
• Demonstrate leadership by ensuring decision making and communication are focused on Emergent’s vision and values.
• Ensures efficient cooperation, coordination and integration between the department and other business units
• Coaches and develops personnel to enhance current performance and provides corrective counseling if necessary
• Critical KPI management including IRA, On Time shipment in full, Safety etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Minimum of 5 years warehouse experience; pharmaceutical (cGMP) highly preferred
• Minimum of 2 years warehouse supervisor experience
• 3-plus years of SAP experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
• 4-year college degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of lean principles such as 5S, 8 wastes, leader standard work, and 5 whys
• Strong leadership and communication skills, and demonstrated application of teamwork principles
• Material handling equipment driving experience
• Good judgment and maturity, and strong analytical skills
• Forward thinker with strong industry knowledge and an ability to identify, synthesize, and act upon strategic information and changes within the environment
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment.
• Must have strong attention to detail
• Previous Cold Chain experience preferred
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.