Are you ready to join a high-growth, well-funded Series company based in South San Francisco, California. Our mission is to help researchers and clinicians unlock single-cell biology to enable the discovery, development, and delivery of precision medicine. Our innovative solutions serve academic and commercial markets focusing on gene therapy and oncology diagnostics. With a rapidly expanding team of approximately 100 dedicated scientists, engineers, and professionals, we are at the vanguard of leveraging next-generation sequencing for high-throughput, multi-omics analysis.
We are a dynamic and diverse team. We live by the culture of “One Cell, One Team, One Vision.” We are collaborative, we are driven, and we are curious.
To help us achieve our ambitious goals, we're in search of a highly skilled and motivated Bioinformatics Scientist to become an integral part of our research team. As a Bioinformatics Scientist at Mission Bio, you'll be at the forefront of analyzing and interpreting biological data, contributing to groundbreaking research initiatives, and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams.
If any of the following sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing single-cell NGS panels and assays capable of probing genes, mutations, and biomarkers using a cutting-edge single-cell multi-omics platform.
- Harnessing advanced bioinformatics tools and algorithms to process single-cell multi-omics data, extracting meaningful biological insights, and presenting data with precision.
- Pioneering new product features and applications with the potential to impact cancer patients' lives.
- Effectively communicating analysis results to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Working closely with collaborators in the industry and academia on transformative translational research.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Mission Bio's commercial and scientific teams to support project planning and product launches.
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- A Master's or Ph.D. degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, or a related field, along with 2+ years of industrial experience. Relevant graduate/postdoctoral experience is also highly valued.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in at least two of the following areas: NGS data analysis pipelines, variant calling, dimension reduction, phylogeny, single-cell data, data visualization, statistics.
- Experience developing genomics tools, pipelines, and containerizing workflows.
- Hands-on experience with single-cell data, with familiarity in multi-omics data being a plus.
- Expertise in Python and bash scripting.
- Proficiency in Cloud platforms (e.g., AWS) and adherence to good software development practices (e.g., version control, testing, code documentation).
- A working understanding of biological systems, cancer genetics, molecular biology.
- The ability to evaluate results critically and communicate them clearly.
- Strong relationship-building skills for effective collaboration with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and expertise.
- Confidence and adaptability in a fast-paced startup environment.
What can Mission Bio offer you?
We're excited to provide a competitive annual compensation package ranging from $110,000 to $130,000 for this role. The salary range listed in this job posting represents the minimum and maximum salary targets for new hires across all US locations. The final offer you receive will be influenced by your experience, skills, education, work history, geographical location, and the prevailing market conditions. Please note that this salary range is open to negotiation, ensuring that your unique qualifications are recognized and valued.
This position is primarily remote within the United States, with occasional travel for in-person collaboration, training, and meetings at our South San Francisco, CA Main Headquarters.
Additional Benefits We Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefits: We provide medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as pre-tax commuter options and a 401(k) plan for all our US-based employees.
- Unlimited PTO and Flexible Working Hours: We believe in the importance of work-life balance, offering unlimited vacation time to allow you the flexibility to recharge and be your most productive self at work. Plus, we support flexible working hours to accommodate your needs.
- Training and Professional Development: Your manager will collaborate with you to define objectives for your professional growth, guiding you in advancing in your field.
- Employee Assistance Program: We offer an Employee Assistance Program to provide support for various aspects of your well-being.
- Travel Assistance Program: Our Travel Assistance Program ensures you're taken care of wherever your journey may lead.
- And Much More: We value our team members and are committed to providing a robust benefits package to enhance your overall job satisfaction and quality of life.
Mission Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.