HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Undergrad Intern - Biophysical DataLive
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this program, you will learn the principles and applications of dynamic light scattering (DLS) and surface plasma resonance (SPR). Once the intern has a understanding of these principles, they will be responsible for the following:
- Develop Python (or equivalent) scripts that automate the processing of data from DLS and SPR instruments
- Using Machine Learning tools, to generate algorithms to analyze and visualize data from SPR and DLS experiments
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The curious, self-driven individual we seek is a person with these qualifications:Basic Qualifications
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for an undergrad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelors Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full-time Bachelors degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship OR co-op
- Degree concentration(s) in Chemical/Bio-Engineering, Biophysics, Pharmacology, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Chemistry, Materials Science, Statistics or Applied Mathematics
- Proficient in Python, R, Matlab, or Mathematica
- Strong background in mathematics including numerical analysis methods
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $24.70 - $28.30 per hour.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Please search for Keyword R-175657
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.